• Register
  • Help

Topic: Getting the best out of Steinway Grand Piano

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Getting the best out of Steinway Grand Piano

Hi,
    I really need to know how to get the best and most realistic piano sound out of GPO!?!?!?!?
    Does anyone have any tips or tricks that i can use for the best sounding Piano ever!!!

Dan

Re: Getting the best out of Steinway Grand Piano

Hey Dan,

Use Garritan Ambience. Works nicely for me. Browse the forums for some other user's settings that'll work for you. My personal favorite that I use most often is "Slim Orch Reverb" by Will Roget.

Here's a sample I did with the Steinway using that reverb.
    Four Seasons Four Loves

Hope that helps!

- Luke

June, it's a great sounding piano, it's just a bit subdued, actually as a piano intended to play in concert with an orchestra needs to be.

But I've always found it necessary to brighten it up a bit, and have done that by making it the only instrument I run in "DFD" mode--direct from disc. When you select that file, you can use the Kontact player's slider to have the instrument respond more brightly to velocity. I move the slider up to 90% and that makes the piano do what I prefer to hear. So you might want to try that.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by LukeT
    Hey Dan,

Use Garritan Ambience. Works nicely for me. Browse the forums for some other user's settings that'll work for you. My personal favorite that I use most often is "Slim Orch Reverb" by Will Roget.

Here's a sample I did with the Steinway using that reverb.
    Four Seasons Four Loves

Hope that helps!

- Luke
    Hi Luke,

Thanks for the tip i think this reverb is a lot better than the one i was using before. It seems that the piano sound that garritan provides can only effectively be used with certain reverbs.

Go Back to forum