• Help

Topic: 2.0 vs. 1.07 --- Differences?

Share/Bookmark

Question 2.0 vs. 1.07 --- Differences?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could either:
    a) briefly discuss or
    b) point to a topic where

...the functional differences between 2.0 and 1.07. Just wondering what changed. New samples? New script functionality? Or is it mainly just the fact that it's got it's own player. I guess I would simply stick with 1.07 if it were the latter.

And BTW: May I assume that 2.0 functions properly in K2? Or does it -require- the player in order to work?

THANKS!

---JC

PS: For -whoever-, I finally got a keyboard that has decent aftertouch and MAN does that help the situation! (No more re-mapping controllers!) Wonderful product.
    Last edited by Suntower; 03-09-2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Wanted notification on replies

Re: 2.0 vs. 1.07 --- Differences?

I seem to have mislaid the manual. But as I recall, the difference is that 2.01 uses the same samples butis the lighter version and employs half the number of sample layers when crossfading the dynamic. This puts less load on CPU and gives a springier response to the keyboard. A better answer will probably be found in the product description on the Garritan home site.

???
    Stradivari Solo Violin 2.0 contains two different Instruments..
    1.08, which is an updated version of 1.07 "Classic" as used in the original Stradivari Solo Violin.
    2.01 "Lyrical", which is very different from it's sister.. different scripting, therefore different performance features, and different sound! (I don't know if the samples themselves are different, because v2 is now in a locked monolithic format). It also features two new "body" impulse responses.
    (I hope I got all that right! )
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Quote Originally Posted by Suntower
    And BTW: May I assume that 2.0 functions properly in K2? Or does it -require- the player in order to work?
    Depends on what you mean by "functions". It plays in K2, and just as well as in KP2. But, since the library is now locked up tighter than a scotsman's purse, you can not edit it in K2 (and editing could be considered a key "function" of K2).

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    But, since the library is now locked up tighter than a scotsman's purse, you can not edit it in K2 (and editing could be considered a key "function" of K2).
    Thanks.

That's -exactly- what I was afraid of. I =hate= when developers do that. In fact the whole 'player' concept pisses me off.

Gary, I -love- your products. I understand the need for copy protection, but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. I haven't met a sample library -yet- that I didn't need to twiddle with in some way for all kinds of reasons.

Go Back to forum