• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Music Lovers,

    Here are a couple of my works:

    "Woodwind Workout" ...(flute, oboe, Bb clarinet, bassoon with added horn)

    "An Irish Scene"

    All instruments are GPO.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Hi Larry,

    that WoodWind piece was wonderful.
    Had troubles with downloading the Irish stuff..... file format?

    Raymond

  3. #3

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    The "Irish stuff" is the same mp3 format as everything else that I post.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member rpearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,904

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Nice pieces, Larry. I lean a little more towards the woodwind piece - would make a very nice encore for an ensemble. And, I would imagine, it is a workout! ( Iran out of breath just listening to it!)

    The Irish piece was nice in that it managed to evoke the Irish/Celtic style without being cliched - partly the instrumentation made that possible.

    Good work!
    Ron Pearl

    Website:

    ronaldmpearl.com

    myspace:

    http://myspace.com/rmpearl

  5. #5
    Senior Member Eugene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    364

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Larry - now I know what Bach and Handel's output would have sounded like if they had moved over here!
    Enjoyed this piece, helping to get me in the mood for the 17th (Saturday next).
    Many thanks for the post
    Eugene

  6. #6

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Busy little blowers in that Woodwind Workout,
    I'll tell ya, Larry... they sure do move along.

    An Irish Scene -- some very nice string writing in
    this, Larry.

    Best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Hey larry. Those poor woodwind players probably would have to wipe the blood from there mouths after playing the "woodwind workout". The irish scene does not sound irish to me(not that I would know) but it sounds nice.
    I like both pieces.
    -Jay

  8. #8

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Nice pieces, Larry. I lean a little more towards the woodwind piece - would make a very nice encore for an ensemble. And, I would imagine, it is a workout! ( Iran out of breath just listening to it!)

    The Irish piece was nice in that it managed to evoke the Irish/Celtic style without being cliched - partly the instrumentation made that possible.

    Good work!
    I thank you Brother Pearl for listening and telling me what you think.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene
    Larry - now I know what Bach and Handel's output would have sounded like if they had moved over here!
    Enjoyed this piece, helping to get me in the mood for the 17th (Saturday next).
    Many thanks for the post
    Eugene
    Thanks, Lad. My best to you there in the land o' the shamrocks.

    O'Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Woodwind Workout" and "An Irish Scene"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Busy little blowers in that Woodwind Workout,
    I'll tell ya, Larry... they sure do move along.

    An Irish Scene -- some very nice string writing in
    this, Larry.

    Best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Best back to you, Mr. Dave. Is it Spring yet there?

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •