• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: My new 5/8 file

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    My new 5/8 file

    Hi,
    Here is my new 5/8 file.

    I'm sorry, path is correct but link is unavailable.

    http://www.glamator.com/NIGHT BUS.mp3
    Link to my earlier file was unavailable and I put it once again. I hope it will work.


    http://www.glamator.com/PIANO THEME.mp3

    Thank you for listening.
    Last edited by Glamator; 03-25-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: unavailable link, link is not underlined

  2. #2

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Forum:

    For those having difficulty with the link try: here.

    ~

    Nice Handling of the 5/8 metrics in this, Glamator;
    it has almost a waltz-like dance feel to it.

    Well done!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  3. #3

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Glamator, that is certainly a piece in 5. It is fun to explore different times, isn't it. Nice shot at an alternative time signature.
    -Jay

  4. #4

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Forum:

    For those having difficulty with the link try: here.

    ~

    Nice Handling of the 5/8 metrics in this, Glamator;
    it has almost a waltz-like dance feel to it.

    Well done!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thank you for your help. I don't know what is wrong with my link and is unavailable. Path is correct but one word is always not underlined.
    My initial idea was to make 10/8 circle (2x5/8). Second bar then comes with different accent but melody dictate choice of rhythm.
    Thank you for listening.

  5. #5

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    Glamator, that is certainly a piece in 5. It is fun to explore different times, isn't it. Nice shot at an alternative time signature.
    -Jay
    It is interesting to play with rhythms.Various rhythms can give you new combinations and new approach. Thank you for post.

  6. #6

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    I like this piece, and I find myself being jerked around by the rhythm. I kept wanting to count it in 6 rather than 5. I think it's because most of the 5/4 (8) stuff I've heard and played has been phrased as two beats followed by three beats - kind of 1-2-3-4-5. I guess Brubek's Take Five would be the most famous.

    Yours is three beats followed by two beats, setting up the feeling that it's going to be two phrases of three (at least to me) but the second phrase is only two beats. Very interesting and different IMHO. Or maybe I haven't listened to enough stuff in 5.
    juan

  7. #7

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Hello Glamator,

    it still sounds strange..... counting up to five. But since Desmond and Brubeck (I was told that Desmond composed that famous piece!!) one get used to other rhythm patterns. It certainly is well done..... Congratulations.


    Raymond

  8. #8

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    I like this piece, and I find myself being jerked around by the rhythm. I kept wanting to count it in 6 rather than 5. I think it's because most of the 5/4 (8) stuff I've heard and played has been phrased as two beats followed by three beats - kind of 1-2-3-4-5. I guess Brubek's Take Five would be the most famous.

    Yours is three beats followed by two beats, setting up the feeling that it's going to be two phrases of three (at least to me) but the second phrase is only two beats. Very interesting and different IMHO. Or maybe I haven't listened to enough stuff in 5.
    juan
    Choice is 3+2 or 2+3. Initial idea was to make two bars circle.Then in second bar accents are reversed.I think game is in accents. Thank you for comment.

  9. #9

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Hello Glamator,

    it still sounds strange..... counting up to five. But since Desmond and Brubeck (I was told that Desmond composed that famous piece!!) one get used to other rhythm patterns. It certainly is well done..... Congratulations.


    Raymond
    Hi,
    You are right it sounds strange. It is interesting exploring various rhythms and differnt combinations.There are not many 5/8 songs. Maybe is one reason because best song was written. Thank you for comment.

  10. #10

    Re: My new 5/8 file

    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    I think it's because most of the 5/4 (8) stuff I've heard and played has been phrased as two beats followed by three beats - kind of 1-2-3-4-5. I guess Brubek's Take Five would be the most famous.

    juan
    Hummmm... I have always heard/felt Take Five as 3+2.

    Ed
    //
    // Ars longa, vita brevis
    // http://edosbear.blogspot.com/
    //

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •