I posted this on the software groups as well - I hope that doesn\'t violate group protocol to post the same thing in more than one group. If so, please except my apologies, but read on.....

Hello people,

I am new to this group and new to sampling. Well \"new\" is not even the right word as I have not even bought the software yet! I have been shopping around and have decided to buy Gigasampler 94, GOS and Dan Dean brass as starters.

I am wondering if you guys know of any good webpages, books, articles, etc. that would be good for a novice to read to try to get a better understanding of sampling.

I have a great keyboard to use as a controller and a dedicated HD for just the gigasoftware, so I think I have everything I need to get started - I just don\'t know anything about it!

Why do I want to use it, you may ask? Well, I am a composer and have been forced to use synthesis for many instrumental parts for demos and sketches and it has become unbearable! I heard some samples of GOS and DD brass and was blown away! That\'s it in a nutshell.

Any info would be helpful.