• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rome Total Realism - looking for musicians for soundtrack

Share/Bookmark

Rome Total Realism - looking for musicians for soundtrack

Rome Total Realism Team
    looking for musical submissions

Hello all,

My name is Mark Atkinson (aka Marcus Cornelius Marcellus) head of Rome Total Realism, a full modification of the game, Rome Total War. For those of your that have not heard of us, we are an international all volunteer group of modders and historians who have been working for the last two years making a historical 'edutainment' type game for people of all ages to enjoy.

Currently we are the process of making version 7.0, which is our most adventurous project yet. This is a chance for any musician to have their work exposed to new audiences ariund the world, as our downloads in total reach near a million users worldwide.

The music is faction specific- roman, greek, gallic, carthaginian, we have 17 playable factions and now some 20-25 sub cultures represented in the new version, to provide the player with a full immersion into the ancient world.

We are not just looking for actual songs perse, dirges, pre- battle pieces, marches- the concept is to place the user in a virtual historic world and try to emulate what it once must have been like.

Those interested parties not already familiar with the game can look
    here
    here
    these are both the wiki site, and one of our download portals

I look forwards to hearing frm some of you soon. You can also contact me at shingen1@amber.plala.or.jp and I can send you our official promotion pack

sincerely

Marcus Cornelius Marcellus

Re: Rome Total Realism - looking for musicians for soundtrack

Mark,

two very quick questions, I hope you don't mind...

I may be a little unaware but still there are a couple of things I would like to know about the game and the job.

i. Is the game (mod) freeware?
    ii. Is the position paid, or not paid?

Other than that I actually know about the game (although never played ROME itself) and I did enjoy all media in your website. You've gone a very long way since last time I checked...

HI Nikolas

to answer your questions

1. yes- it is freeware. there is no intention to sell the download. Its a labour of love ( at this point!)
    2. It is an unpaid job, but of course due credit will be given to the artists involved, we have actually had several gaming sites interview the artists that worked for us before, ad it is a great way to get your work out there to a wide audience.

The soundtrack is one of the most immediately apparent atmospheric effects of the game experience, and is probably one of the most commented upon aspect of the game.

Hope that helps

MCM

Great Mark.

Thanks for answering those questions.

I'd love to try and help out, email me at dazexus@hotmail.com

DaZ

Exclamation Re: Rome Total Realism - looking for musicians for soundtrack

Hi Mark,

I don't know if you are still looking for music but I only found your post today.

as a professional film composer I'm very interested to contribute some scores for your mod.
    I have done music for a few game trailers and like to get some more exposure.

I have a great library of orchestral and etnic instruments so have a listen to some of my demo's here: www.johan-van-der-voet.com

I might be able to do some sound fx too. Hope to hear from you soon, or otherwise we discuss version 8.0 ??

cheers,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by M.CorneliusMarcellus

It is an unpaid job, but of course due credit will be given to the artists involved, we have actually had several gaming sites interview the artists that worked for us before, ad it is a great way to get your work out there to a wide audience.
    MCM
    I was playing Total Realism some time ago (great mod btw), and I'm surfing quite a lot, but I've never seen any interviews with Total Realism artists.

On Total Realism forums though (they seem no longer active), I remember a topic about soundtrack, it was full of flames and negative comments. I guess this is "due credit" and "great way to get your work out there to a wide audience".

Personally, I never worked fo a mod, but from what I observe, if you have better things to do - just do them, and forget about "unpaid jobs for credit".

peace

Are you still looking for music? and if so: What exactly are you looking for? I am not certain what roman music would sound like. Flute/Lyre type stuff?
    Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.
    M. C. Escher

HI all,

Just a quick update.

We are releasing a historical campaign called 'The Iberian Conflict' on January Second, featuring two artists found right here at the forum: Alejandro Rodriguez and Alex McGery. I will be posting their interviews here for you to see, but the work they have done is absolutely fantastic and will be one of the major highlights of the mod.

The link between gaming and the muscial community will get stronger with time, and there are amazing opportunities for both groups to learn from each other.

Will post the interviews in a few days.

Cheers,

Marcus Cornelius Marcellus

Hey Marc,

I am still here.

Drop me an email keith@kamakazemusic.com

Keith

Go Back to forum