• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Recommendations on an Expression Pedal?

Share/Bookmark

Recommendations on an Expression Pedal?

Right now I do all my CC11 work with a slider, but I fgure I may as well get a pedal. Anyrecommendations on one with a good response?

I'd like to keep it in the $30ish-or-below range if possible.

Thanks,
    chris.

Re: Recommendations on an Expression Pedal?

I use the Yamaha FC7. You can find them for around $40.00 US. Built like a tank and nice, smooth action.

I second the vote for the FC7. Much better than the boss expression pedals in terms of smoothness and construction, and a little cheaper. What is your keyboard? Different brands use different polarities. If you have a Kurzweil, for instance, you will need to either do some soldering or buy an adaptor like this: http://music.ashbysolutions.com/misc.html
    Eric Matlock
    ericmatlock.com

I bought the FC7 when I got my S90 but have since assigned CC:11 to a slider. It's easier 'for me' to do it with my fingers than my foot.

Just picked up an FC7 for 30 bucks at my local Guitar Center.

The pedal's smooth, control is easy and feels very responsive.

-Tom

Chris, er, Zoot,

Make sure that your keyboard is compatible with whatever pedal you choose. My Kurzweil doesn't work with the FC-7. It expects a different resistance and curve - and a Kurzweil pedal.

I use an Alesis F2 Volume/Expression Pedal with my CME UF8 Keyboard. It's the first one I own, so I can't compare it with others, but in my opinion it's a durable design (aluminium) and it has a polarity switch so it's compatible with almost any keyboard (at least that's what they say) I don't know how much would it cost in dollars, but I don't think it's expensive.

Hope it helps.
    -Dani-

Expression with one's feet. Kind of a contradiction in term - always thought
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

I should have mentioned...there's a simple solder job to be done on the FC7's plug for use with some keyboards. You'll need to reverse the polarity. I had to have this done for it to work with my M-Audio controllers. Only takes a few minutes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Make sure that your keyboard is compatible with whatever pedal you choose. My Kurzweil doesn't work with the FC-7. It expects a different resistance and curve - and a Kurzweil pedal.
    Jon, if you still have that pedal, you can still use it. All you have to do is reverse the polarity. I have two of them and they work perfectly now. The ashby solutions adaptor is the easiest way to do it, but I actually opened up my pedals to rewire mine.
    Eric Matlock
    ericmatlock.com

Go Back to forum