• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: Composer interviews...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Composer interviews (Jan Morgenstern, Sean Beeson, Thomas Regin)

    For those interested...

    Jan Morgenstern, the composer behind Elephants Dream (Blender/Orange), has been kind enough to offer his views on many issues, including trends in sampling and sound synthesis, linux in the audio realm, software copy protection and DRM insanity...
    To read the interview please visit cgempire

    Another discussion/interview, which you may find interesting is the one with Sean Beeson, which can be found here.

    Thomas Regin has also posted a really interesting interview about himself (not taken from himself of course...) which can be found here

    Plenty more will follow soon...


  2. #2

    Re: Composer interviews...

    Very interesting interviews Nikolas, thanks much for sharing!


    Sean Beesons' stuff is HOT, btw. Interesting that he says prefers scoring for games, films has always been my goal... but maybe the game industry wouldn't be half bad either.

  3. #3

    Re: Composer interviews...

    Well CGempire, is for computer games... It makes sense

    hehe... Decided to keep the post as small as possible (deleted 1 page of ramblings... :P).

    Thanks for posting. Hopefully more will follow

  4. #4

    Re: Composer interviews...

    Quote Originally Posted by bond6007
    Very interesting interviews Nikolas, thanks much for sharing!


    Sean Beesons' stuff is HOT, btw. Interesting that he says prefers scoring for games, films has always been my goal... but maybe the game industry wouldn't be half bad either.
    Nikolas did a good job of asking questions as well.

    I loved the film things for years, but after doing a lot of smaller to medium-szied film work I realized that I have always been a gamer, and always loved game music, so why not try to work on game music. (which was my original goal anyway, I just got into film work for having a more cinematic sound.)

    Perhaps one day I will want to score films again, but at the moment, I am overly happy working on games. And thank you for the nice comments

    Thanks,
    Sean
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

  5. #5

    Re: Composer interviews...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Beeson
    Nikolas did a good job of asking questions as well.

    I loved the film things for years, but after doing a lot of smaller to medium-szied film work I realized that I have always been a gamer, and always loved game music, so why not try to work on game music. (which was my original goal anyway, I just got into film work for having a more cinematic sound.)

    Perhaps one day I will want to score films again, but at the moment, I am overly happy working on games. And thank you for the nice comments

    Thanks,
    Sean
    Hey, Sean! Cool, I didn't know you posted here.

    By the way, I have a funny story about how I came to know about you. I went to school at Ohio State, my first year I was roommates with a filmmaker named Chris Cowan. Around this time last year I found out he's working on a project, and I told him I could score a scene for it and see what he thought.

    So I did a track for him and and was waiting to hear from him, thinking I might score some more of the film. I was excited.

    THEN the next time I talked to him, I asked him about the movie, he was like "Oh yeah, by the way I met this awesome composer named Sean Beeson. He's going to help me out with the film. Here, check this out" And he sent me a sample of your stuff. And I was like "Whoa." Then I looked you up and found your demos for EWQL, and I was like "Double whoa. Guess I'm out of a job."

    So anyways, yeah, thanks a lot for stealing my work.

    Just kidding of course, you're wayyy ahead of where I'm at. I can't compete. I'm still learning and trying to get my music to sound professional. And when I watched the latest trailer for the film (about a month ago), it had all this amazing trailer music in it. Like serious TOP QUALITY stuff. I asked him about and he said it was all your music.

    So awesome job, dude. I give you all the kudos in the world for making that trailer sound AMAZING.


    Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    hehe... Decided to keep the post as small as possible (deleted 1 page of ramblings... :P).

    Ramble away Nikolas, thats what message boards are for.

  6. #6

    Re: Composer interviews...

    Quote Originally Posted by bond6007
    Ramble away Nikolas, thats what message boards are for.
    You really don't want me starting.. you really don't...

    I think I must be making around 20 posts per day in varuous forums. Please don't ask for more

    Either way, thanks Sean...

    I actually found out that I love taking intereviews and I'm already working for the next (non composer) one, but also for something special which I hope will work... I think that I may account too big balls on me though... I might get my face eaten or beaten or something :S....

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •