• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Heroic Theme

Share/Bookmark

Heroic Theme

Hello,

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I got that message, "It appears you have been a lazy and unhelpful member of this community for the last several weeks. For shaaaaame!!!"

So to get this theme out of my head, I thought I'd share this. I used the EW Silver lib for the 1st Tpt, 1st Tbn, Timp, Cym, Glock, Xylo, Snare, Wind Chimes and Bell Tree. Everything else is GPO.

www.houseofblackbirds.com/mp3/HeroicTheme.mp3

Hope you enjoy!
    Joe

Re: Heroic Theme

Gosh, Joe, we were all wondering what happened to you
    when you didn't write... lol.

What a great ride on this! Excellent! The rendering on
    this is completely convincing -- and the writing easily
    rivals some of the best film work I've heard.

Whaddayathink, can we twist your arm to take this
    further? Dynamite material!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hey Joseph, just the sound I've come to expect from you!~ That's great. The opening is really emotional and beautiful, and I loved the progressions around 1:05 or so.

I love the fact that you're so versatile with your chord structures -- so many people seem to stay in one key/mode, but you move very fluidly between them.

Great stuff, man! It's been too long!

Steve Main
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Joe,
    I see many a super hero while listening to this piece. I take it from David's post you're an old hand on this forum. I'm glad you're posting again and look forward to hearing more.

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Excellent writing, L.A. Dude! How about augmenting it for a total of at least two or three minutes...or more?

You demonstrate a good knowledge of orchestration and all else that makes for a good composition. Thanks for letting us hear this.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Gosh, Joe, we were all wondering what happened to you
    when you didn't write... lol.
    Some times it's tough to write. I tend to get a fear of the blank page. But other times, I get an influx of ideas, but that typically happens when I'm so busy with other things that I can't keep up with my brain. Most of what I think is truly exceptional gets lost in the clutter. The only things that stick around are stupid things like this theme that just wouldn't leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Whaddayathink, can we twist your arm to take this
    further? Dynamite material!
    I actually made this into my new ringtone. But I doubt I'll do anything more with this (unless I get to score a super-hero movie that requires just this type of score). I just wanted to fly through the sky for a bit, but not for too long because I'm afraid of going too high. If i can concentrate long enough, someday I'll get around to writing something with true depth. I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

i love the major 1 to minor 4. i use the same thing a lot (Slow March). there is something about having that minor 6 interval in the major key thats very pleasing to the ear, it also allows for both the major and minor 7 interval to be used without any dissonance. (i also like the minor 1 to major 4).

thats besides the point though. this was a very good piece, you had plenty of sections that wove together quite nicely and incorporated a series of different dynamics. keep the posts coming because they are very enjoyable to listen to.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Holy cow! Brilliant! Bravo, jmc! This is love at first hearing!

I must echo the plea to continue work on this... or just write more in general. (Of course, I know it can be rather difficult at times!) Your orchestration and melodic intuition are wonderful, this is simply a joy to listen to.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    The only things that stick around are stupid things like this theme that just wouldn't leave me alone.
    It isn't my native, but you're telling the people who liked to hear this piece that it's just stupid?

Whatsoever, I think it's really good, you know how to compose!

Regards

Kai

Holy Crap and Cow, Joseph! This starts out very simply and quiet and develops into a really dynamic piece that really has my attention. Listened to it twice. Can you imagine if I had a film to watch at the same time? You really have a talent for this stuff! Keep up the good work! It is so good you make it sound effortless (I'm sure this was a boatload of hard work)

Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast