• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Announcing the GOFRILLER SOLO CELLO is NOW SHIPPING!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Announcing the GOFRILLER SOLO CELLO is NOW SHIPPING!

GOFRILLER SOLO CELLO NOW SHIPPING!

Created by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato and Gary Garritan

We are pleased to announce that the Gofriller Solo Cello is now shipping.
    This Solo Cello software instrument, created by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato and Gary Garritan, uses the unique harmonic alignment technology to provide un matched expressive performance.

The Gofriller Solo Cello represents a major step forward in software musical instrument technology and provides a level of realism and expression never before heard in the industry. "Following the success of the Stradivari Solo Violin, there has been great interest in other instruments using the same technology and the cello was a natural encore", says Gary Garritan. "More solo instruments will soon follow".

The Gofriller Solo Cello is the only solo cello library that lets you seamlessly crossfade among dynamics (pp to ff), continuously control the onset, rate and speed of the vibrato, and shape articulations in real time. The result of these technologies is extraordinary levels of realism, expressiveness and virtuosic performance capabilities in a way that preserves the natural characteristics of the classic instrument.

This new instrument integrates the Native Instruments Kontakt 2 sample player and can be used as a standalone instrument, as a VST, DXi, RTAS or Audio Units plug-in, and can be used with supported notation programs like Finale 2007. It is MacIntel compatible as well.

Here is a demo of the Gorfiller Cello performed by David Hearn:
    http://www.garritan.com/Cello/dh-AnAngelFalls.mp3

There are more demos, including many technique demos at: http://garritan.com/cello.html
    A video demo will be posted soon.

You can order your copy at http://www.garritan.com and participating distributors and retailers.

Gary Garritan

Re: Announcing the GOFRILLER SOLO CELLO is NOW SHIPPING!

Gary, the demos for this are mind-blowing! I have a question about the format for you.

I use Logic and EXS or AU instruments (Kompakt stuff like EWQL), but I've never done anything with Kontakt. Can you tell me, is this cello easily playable out-of-the-box, or does it require a lot of tweaking and scripting in Kontakt? Or, is it sort of like VSL's Vienna Instruments player?

Thanks much,

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc
    Gary, the demos for this are mind-blowing! I have a question about the format for you.

I use Logic and EXS or AU instruments (Kompakt stuff like EWQL), but I've never done anything with Kontakt. Can you tell me, is this cello easily playable out-of-the-box, or does it require a lot of tweaking and scripting in Kontakt? Or, is it sort of like VSL's Vienna Instruments player?

Thanks much,

Kerry
    If you have a mod wheel, expression pedal, and aftertouch, you'll find it to be the most playable instrument available.

Maybe Gary could denote on the demo page exactly which were played live and which had some tweaking. I bet you'll find many were live.

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc
    Can you tell me, is this cello easily playable out-of-the-box, or does it require a lot of tweaking and scripting in Kontakt? Or, is it sort of like VSL's Vienna Instruments player?

Thanks much,

Kerry
    Kerry,

This cello is easily playable out-of-the-box. It was designed and intended to be played in real-time. You shape your articulations like a real player does. You just play the techniques you want. You impart dynamics (with harmonically aligned samples); you impart the onset, rate and intensity of vibrato;you control the interval and speed of trills, the rate of portamento, legato, stops, and various other playing techniques - all on the fly! The Gofriller cello is unlike any solo string library on the market in this regard. No more stitching together articulations after the fact or piecing together patches like a jigsaw puzzle.

Take a look at the Stradivari videos to get an idea of how it is played in real-time - http://garritan.com/stradivari.html (top and bottom of demo area). The cello works the same way. We're working on a cello video and will post it soon.The Cello comes with its own player, the Kontakt 2 player.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Gary Garritan

I love hearing that! But if I'm using a keyboard with just a joystick and sustain pedal, can you explain a bit about how I would use those to shape the sound? Like, if I wanted to play a legato line where the vibrato changes in realtime while I play, how would I do that with the Gofriller Cello? I'm curious to know what the actual playing of a line would look like, and if that would take some kind of advanced programming in Kontakt. Can you shed some light on it for me?

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Can you assign cc controller data to your joystick? And is the joystick x-y or x-y-z? Typically dynamics are controlled with Expression Pedal (cc#11) and vibrato with mod wheel (cc#1) and aftertouch. If you can assign controller data in your keyboard or in your sequencer it should be okay.

Expression pedal still may be required. It is best you not purchase the library if you cannot play it as intended. Perhaps there are Stradivari users who have been successful with a joystick and if so I hope they report here.

I would imagine that if it could work, a joystick could make the cello a great deal of fun to play.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Can you assign cc controller data to your joystick? And is the joystick x-y or x-y-z? Typically dynamics are controlled with Expression Pedal (cc#11) and vibrato with mod wheel (cc#1) and aftertouch. If you can assign controller data in your keyboard or in your sequencer it should be okay.

Expression pedal still may be required. It is best you not purchase the library if you cannot play it as intended. Perhaps there are Stradivari users who have been successful with a joystick and if so I hope they report here.

I would imagine that if it could work, a joystick could make the cello a great deal of fun to play.

Gary Garritan
    He's got a good point. I use a Korg K61 which has some realtime faders and controllers but no pedal for expression. Which is a bummer since I have the Strad2 but find I cannot wring as much expression from it as I'd like.

Terrific instrument BTW Gary.

Thanks Gary -- that's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

- Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Congratulations Gary.

Congratulations to the Garritan team on another milestone!

Belbin

Go Back to forum