• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006 with JABB

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 with JABB

I've installed and authorized JABB, and I installed GPO Studio, but when I open Finale 2006, the VST doesn't work and it doesn't show up in the "Native Instruments VST Set Up" Menu.

Help please? Thanks in advance.

Correction: I deleted the VST and re-copied/pasted -- now Finale doesn't recognize JABB at all!

Re: Finale 2006 with JABB

Either you use Garritan Studio or the JABB VST plugin with F06, not both. If you want to use the VST plugin, copy

GarritanJazzinstrument.txt
    Garritan JazzVST.dll

to the Finale 2006/FinaleVST folder and check MIDI menu | "Play Finale thru Native Instruments VST". And restart Finale.

Question Re: Finale 2006 with JABB

Alright. I copied those two files into the VST folder. Finale now recognizes it, but I still can't edit the VST, and I can't get any sound.

I guess this isn't a common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MXAM
    Alright. I copied those two files into the VST folder. Finale now recognizes it, but I still can't edit the VST, and I can't get any sound.
    What do you mean by "Finale now recognizes it, but I still can't edit the VST"? Can you select JABB in the drop down menus of the "Native Instruments VST setup" dialog? But the JABB player doesn't show up, when you click "Edit"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    What do you mean by "Finale now recognizes it, but I still can't edit the VST"? Can you select JABB in the drop down menus of the "Native Instruments VST setup" dialog? But the JABB player doesn't show up, when you click "Edit"?
    The JABB option isn't in the "Native Instruments VST setup" dialog. In fact, there isn't anything there at all (I don't have GPO with my version of Finale).

Quote Originally Posted by MXAM
    The JABB option isn't in the "Native Instruments VST setup" dialog. In fact, there isn't anything there at all (I don't have GPO with my version of Finale).
    How come you don't have GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    How come you don't have GPO?
    I didn't know I needed it, and unless it installed with the program (which for me it didn't -- I checked), I know I don't have it.
    I might be able to get it off Finale's website, but would I need GPO in order to use JABB? I know it's strange that a NI VST refuses to show up, but the lack of a plug-in seems like a strange cause.

If I need it, I'll go to the website and check it out.

You shouldn't need GPO, but then again, Finale has its own strange ways, so you never know. Those two files, I mentioned, should be enough, though. You could try a custom install of Finale GPO - just run the Finale installer again and deselect everything but GPO - to see if it makes a difference. If nothing else it will tell you if Finale can run any VST plugin at all.

But I still don't understand what you meant by "Finale now recognizes it". What does it recognize and how?

Go Back to forum