• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    I know this has been recorded before for this forum but I had it programmed anyway some years ago. A dabble with GPO and here it is.

    Mozart Op. 40 1st Movement

    Ray

    www.rayinstirling.net

  2. #2

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Ray, this sounds good. I don't know where you get the patience to enter all of this stuff into GPO (and/or notation software). You told me that you were an ear player. You did not get all of this down just using your ears, did you?
    Thanks for posting. -Jay

  3. #3
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    Ray, this sounds good. I don't know where you get the patience to enter all of this stuff into GPO (and/or notation software). You told me that you were an ear player. You did not get all of this down just using your ears, did you?
    Thanks for posting. -Jay
    Short answer YES!

    Ray

  4. #4

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Heck of an ear, Ray!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Heck of an ear, Ray!

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Well David,

    If you listen close enough you'll find yourself missing half the notes Mozart intended. Playing/entering and recording by ear is never going to be anything other than a kidding job. There are probably too many scholars in this forum who won't be hoodwinked. I like a good TUNE myself.
    Thank you for your kind words

    I'm off

    Ray

  6. #6

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    Well David,

    If you listen close enough you'll find yourself missing half the notes Mozart intended. Playing/entering and recording by ear is never going to be anything other than a kidding job. There are probably too many scholars in this forum who won't be hoodwinked. I like a good TUNE myself.
    Thank you for your kind words

    I'm off

    Ray
    In that I literally memorized every single note of that score
    over thirty years ago, I'm well aware, Ray... lol.

    But I still say you've got a heck of an ear.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    I was listening to this piece just a few minutes ago before I saw your post.

    Forsooth, you do have an impressive ear!

    I know this had been said before, but Mozart was a genius.

  8. #8
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    In that I literally memorized every single note of that score
    over thirty years ago, I'm well aware, Ray... lol.

    But I still say you've got a heck of an ear.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    David,
    I must have sounded quite depressed having you post twice on one thread. I'm not looking for sympathy honest! I hear every note in a compostion at one time only, when I'm in bed in the middle of the night!
    I'm frustrated in it being pretty worthless to me having this ability, as I can't write it down. I've been told by a wonderful musician and arranger that I'm probably better continuing doing what I do as learning to read and write music now would just get in the way. It's likely he was right but it's still frustrating!!!

    My Best

    Ray

  9. #9
    Senior Member rayzalaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    910

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBotkin
    I was listening to this piece just a few minutes ago before I saw your post.

    Forsooth, you do have an impressive ear!

    I know this had been said before, but Mozart was a genius.
    Thanks for listening,
    I still wish I didn't have to use it all the time.

    Ray

  10. #10

    Re: MOZART Op. 40 1st Mov. (GPO)

    Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    David,
    I must have sounded quite depressed having you post twice on one thread. I'm not looking for sympathy honest! I hear every note in a compostion at one time only, when I'm in bed in the middle of the night!
    I'm frustrated in it being pretty worthless to me having this ability, as I can't write it down. I've been told by a wonderful musician and arranger that I'm probably better continuing doing what I do as learning to read and write music now would just get in the way. It's likely he was right but it's still frustrating!!!

    My Best

    Ray
    Now Ray, I'd have to take issue with that matter of learning to
    read! It opens a great many doors to a great many insights...
    and believe me, it will only enhance your ear and improve your
    work, not diminish it.

    As for that ear, many musicians go through their whole careers
    without ever gaining such facility with it.

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •