• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO on my Mac Questions

Share/Bookmark

GPO on my Mac Questions

hi, i used to have a pretty crummy pc/laptop and it ran GPO pretty well, even when i put in a bunch of instruments. i recently bought a macbook pro 15" - 2.33. i know that we're all waiting on the intel update, but it still works when i use Overture, BUT i'm running into a huge problem. i had a four simple lines and i gave each line 3 solo instruments, and it sounded like death. there was crackling to the point where you couldn't hear anything. i then dropped it down to 2 instruments per track and it sounded a little bit better. what i'm asking is this: is it sounding like this simply because its not updated to work on the intel, or is this just how its going to sound on this computer? i really hope its just the lack of update because like i said, my crummy pc worked just fine (even with an entire orchestra), but this is just a few instruments playing one note simple lines. now i have a macbook pro, which i thought would run this stuff like it was nothing. but if anyone has any info can you please let me know? thanks a bunch?
    Last edited by keithjfuller; 03-13-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: left out some words
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: GPO on my Mac Questions

I have to have my buffer set really low when I record midi. Once it's tracked to audio I can push it back up again. I'm running DP so I change the buffer size in the Audio Configuration menu. I hope this helps.

~Paula
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

i know what you're saying, but i have NO IDEA how to do that in Overture. i don't think theres an option for it, which i think is pretty silly. but thanks for the suggestion. have a nice day.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Keith,

I don't remember how to set the latency in Kontakt - I think it is under Setup in the Kontakt Player; try increasing that.

Also, if you are new to the Mac, I assume youa re using OS 10.3 or Tiger? If so, go System Preferences>Energy Saver>Options (I think) and make sure your CPU is set to "Highest". The default is for energy saving (makes sense) but when you are using GPO/audio stuff, you want the max your cpu will give.

Hope this helps.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Go Back to forum