• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO, Finale and HP Saving as MIDI

Share/Bookmark

GPO, Finale and HP Saving as MIDI

I have a score set up with GPO in Finale 2007c which includes a 'rit' in the final bar. I have enabled Human Playback and all my articulations and expressions play perfectly.

I have saved my Finale score as a MIDI file to import into Sonar Producer 6. When I playback in Sonar the articulations are all there but no sign of the 'rit' in the final bar. The 'Tempo View' in Sonar confirms that there is no change in tempo in the final bar.

Does anyone know what I need to do to include the 'rit' when saving as a MIDI file. I am certain that I have done this many times in the past but I can't remember doing anything extra to achieve this.

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO, Finale and HP Saving as MIDI

i'm not sure, but it might be the format you're saving it in. try this link out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical...I_file_formats

i know that certain types of midi files save different amounts of information. you'd probably want to save it in the one that saves all of it, its larger, but i don't think that matters (midi files are usually extremely small so what the purpose of these different formats are, i'm not sure). i ran into the same problem going from overture to sonar and this solved it. anyway, i hope it works out for you.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Michael,

When you playback a file using HP, it only adds it's interpretation to the playback without changing the underlying midi data. To export a midi file which contains HP's interpretation, you'll need to run the "Apply Human Playback" plugin to the file. After doing so, then export the midi file, it should contain the rit. at that point.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    When you playback a file using HP, it only adds it's interpretation to the playback without changing the underlying midi data.
    That interpretation is also added to the saved MIDI file - or should be. It was in F06. It should not make any difference to apply the HP plugin.

Thanks for your replies

Keith, I am saving the Finale 07 score as a full MIDI file. I usually do this and it's always worked before.

Jeff, I tried your suggestion. I applied the HP plugin and saved the MIDI file. This made no difference. The Tempo View in Sonar still shows no tempo change.

Nickie, I agree, I'm certain this all worked on Finale 2006 but I can't be totally sure. I've just realised, none of the tempo settings are carried across. I've set the tempo for the score at quarter note = 120 and a 'rit' in the final bar. In Sonar the tempo is 100 and no 'rit'.

Thanks again .. I'll ty the Finale forums.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Nickie, I agree, I'm certain this all worked on Finale 2006 but I can't be totally sure. I've just realised, none of the tempo settings are carried across. I've set the tempo for the score at quarter note = 120 and a 'rit' in the final bar. In Sonar the tempo is 100 and no 'rit'.
    Michael, check out the HP Custom Style box. Do you have Interpret | "Tempo changes" & "Final bars" checked?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Michael, check out the HP Custom Style box. Do you have Interpret | "Tempo changes" & "Final bars" checked?
    I checked this and all is present and correct - 'Interpret Tempo Changes and Final Bars selected.
    Michael

Go Back to forum