• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is it ok to use this?

Share/Bookmark

Is it ok to use this?

Hey Guys quick question... is it ok to use a midi keyboard that still uses midi in/out compared to USB? I\'m thinking of either the Mia (not sure if this is compatable), or Audiophile as an inexpensive audio card. Is there any benifit to using other audio cards such as the Delta 66 if you are only using the one keyboard and do not have any other equipment besisdes a guitar? ( I will be using 3 computers however if this makes difference- 1 giga, one for sequencing, and I\'m making a newer one for upcoming QLSO.

Re: Is it ok to use this?

Hi Seth, not sure if this answers your question but I use a Roland midi controller with midi in/out. This plugs into a Edirol USB midi device.

I then run the Edirol midi out to trigger my second DAW. My second DAW has a Audiophile card and I am using the midi in on it.

I run the audio out from the second DAW (from the audiophile card) in to the Delta 44 card on my first DAW.

I haven\'t noticed any delay or latency issues.

Hope this helps,

Scott.

Re: Is it ok to use this?

Originally posted by žETH:
    Hey Guys quick question... is it ok to use a midi keyboard that still uses midi in/out compared to USB? I\'m thinking of either the Mia (not sure if this is compatable), or Audiophile as an inexpensive audio card.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Seth, I have had an Echo Mia for about 18 months and never had a problem. The internal 8 channel SW mixer is great. Have had two driver updates in this time. It only has two output though (if that\'s not a problem for you). Very clean audio. But, the Mia does not have a Midi interface. Not sure if your question implies that it does. Oh, and most people don\'t use USB Midi, from what I can see. Many had problems with USB 1.0 Midi latency though I would think USB 2.0 would solve this - don\'t know though.

Go Back to forum