• Register
  • Help

Topic: PMI Yamaha C7, Bosendorfer, for this?

Share/Bookmark

PMI Yamaha C7, Bosendorfer, for this?

I have many Sampletekk pianos (and love them all) but still need one for staccato chords that would sound good and rich. The ones I have aren't right for this. In the song, the White Grand is too thin, Steiny D=not right tone, 7Cs=too soft, Rain Piano (I thought this one might work but)=gets lost, etc.

The closest sound I can think of is something that would do like early Rundgren. I need it to stand out without sounding clangy or cheap. I even tried compressing but still not right.

The closest demo sound I found is the PMI Yamaha C7. Opinions? Thanks!

Re: PMI Yamaha C7, Bosendorfer, for this?

Too thin, too soft, etc. ?

You might want to try a little known kind of plug-in called the EQ
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I have. For this particular song, though, it's the piano that is not cutting it.
    Thin, soft descriptions were just to give more clarity. As in why a certain piano wouldn't be used in pop, etc. Basically I'm asking if you were doing staccato (think Rundgren, since it is a style you'd know) which piano would you reach for in your library?

Vintaudio makes a great yamaha grand sample library. Check that one out as well.

The Emperor has a HUGE sound. Really nice.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    I have. For this particular song, though, it's the piano that is not cutting it.
    Thin, soft descriptions were just to give more clarity. As in why a certain piano wouldn't be used in pop, etc. Basically I'm asking if you were doing staccato (think Rundgren, since it is a style you'd know) which piano would you reach for in your library?
    Believe it or not I used Redmaticsa's Autosampler to convert all the sounds from my Kurzweil PC88 to EXS24 and it's Stage Piano is probably what I would choose.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

My first instinct for that kind of Rundgren sound is the Rain Piano with really gnarly compression- that's what usually makes the difference. Otherwise, I think Asher is on the right track- pull out an old hardware synth like a Korg or Alesis and use its harsh 2 velocity piano. Even with all the amazing sampled pianos these days sometimes its still the Quadrasynth piano that makes me happy

Go Back to forum