• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gofriller Finale Patch Not Transposing Correctly

Share/Bookmark

Gofriller Finale Patch Not Transposing Correctly

Hello,
    I have followed Nikkie's suggestions from a previous thread regarding getting the Gofriller to work in Finale, but there appears to be a problem. It doesn't seem that the Finale patch is actually rendered at concert pitch. The cello is placed an octave higher on the keyboard than concert pitch, the same as the standard patch. As a result, everything plays back an octave low in Finale, regardless of if I load the Finale patch or the standard patch. I also tested this in the standalone Kontakt player. I loaded both patches, one at a time to be sure, and they both played in the same key range on my midi controller - neither plays at concert pitch. My understanding is that the Finale patch is supposed to be rendered at concert pitch. Is there a bug perhaps in the key mappings? Am I misunderstanding something? Clarification on how these 2 patches differ would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    John

Re: Gofriller Finale Patch Not Transposing Correctly

I'm still trying to get the Cello to work right in Finale human playback with no luck whatsoever. Let me ask this - has anybody actually been able to successfully use this instrument with human playback in Finale? If so, I'd really like to hear from you. I am beginning to feel like I am seriously missing something here. Gary? Giorgio? Stefano? At the very least, please let me know if there is a bug of some kind so that I can stop spinning my wheels. I bought this instrument specifically to use in Finale so it is useless to me until I can get it working.
    Thanks,
    John

We're waiting to hear back from Finale and find out what the problem is. We'll try to find out ASAP.

Gary Garritan

As far as the HP part, I will look into it as soon as I receive the actual shipping product. It worked with my beta.

R.

Ok, that works for me, I will keep a patient eye out on the forums to see what you find. Thanks guys.
    JS

I'm afraid I confirmed the Finale Gofriller patch (v3.02) doesn't play at the right pitch (one octave higher).

The beta v3.01 I had blessed with Kontakt2 full worked for me but probably something broke when going through the player format.

I guess Giorgio and Gary will pop up on this subject.

R.

Sorry to hear that, but at least we have confirmed the problem. Thanks Robert.

Gary or Giorgio, will this have to go back to NI? This won't by any chance be a quick and simple fix, will it?
    JS

On top of that, HP does not recognized the Gofriller library because of NI not providing the vendor internal ID in time (won't get into deeper details). The same is true for GPO KP2, by the way...

All this will take a little time until completely fixed... but at least we'll aware of the problems.

R.

Robert,
    Wow, to say the least, it sounds like NI has caused you some headaches recently. Now that I am starting to understand how these 3 companies interact, I am beginning to wonder how you have gotten HP to work as well as you actually have. I am mainly a notation guy, I don't spend a lot of time with sequencers, so I have to say that HP and Garritan integration keeps me from leaving Finale and straying to another platform. Good luck to you, I hope you are given the resources to get these issues sorted out soon.
    JS

Robert,

I have tried to load various patches in Kontakt 2 (sampler, not player), incl. the Stradivari and GPO KP2, but I have not been succesfull in getting HP to recognize any individual patches ("If patch name (Kontakt 2 VST) contains:") or libraries ("If library name (Kontakt 2 VST) contains:"). Only "If device name contains: " "Kontakt2" seems to work. Is that true, or did I miss something?

Go Back to forum