• Register
  • Help

Topic: Official: My dumbest question ever. Please help

Share/Bookmark

Official: My dumbest question ever. Please help

Hi, Well here it is. I'm in the middle of the best, most prestigious project I've ever done. At the same time, I just got Atmosphere and RMX delivered yesterday. They are both incredible. Atmosphere is very easy to use and I'm already employing it into the project. RMX is incredible and I'm already mixing up my own beats and it sounds awesome. So here is the stupid question. I'm working in Cubase SX3. How do I get SX3 to trigger RMX. I mean, I have a midi track setup for it, assigned to RMX. I have RMX sitting there with a great groove when I hit the play button on RMX itself. How do record RMX and get Cubase to play it back. I'm laughing to myself over my own ignorance right now but I'm on the TIGHTEST of deadlines and need to get this puppy goin. It is especially embarrasing as I am VERY much familiar with the other 18 VSTi's sitting on my hard drive. Apparently, you dont just hit a key to trigger a loop on this one. Please tell me how to unleash this beast so I can WOW my clients with these sweet beats.
    Eric

Re: Official: My dumbest question ever. Please help

Eric,

just happened to be passing... If you're using RMX as I suspect you may be, i.e. in groove menu mode, you need to record the initial keystroke just before the first beat of the bar to allow RMX to latch on and sync to the internal tempo of the DAW. I'm sure you'll have spotted the little window bottom right with slice menu or groove menu as options.
    I always get this trigger note as near to the next bar as possible, but it'll happily latch onto an 1/8 th note (sorry, we still have quavers over here!)

Good luck,

Barrie

If you are just wanting to place the RMX midi sequence on your midi track in Cubase (like recorded midi from a VI), then record it to audio:

Select the beat you want (first in the left panel then in the right panel) in RMX (the window you came to after having clicked on the words "Sound Check" you saw when the plugin launches)

On the left side of the screen under the heading "MIDI FILE" there is a rectangle blue box which has your midi file for that beat. Drag and drop the blue box onto your MIDI track. Cubase will then play the track using RMX as its source, like a VI. You must still have the beat selected, however, (think of it as your preset) to have the notes correspond to that beat. If you select another beat, then RMX will still play the notes you dragged onto the track but will use the other beat as its source.

Then you can change the notes or whatever, and record to audio as you would any VI.

Thank you so much. I dont know why it wasnt happening before. I'll definitely watch all the tutorials on this beast but I just really needed a quick start today. Thanks so much.

Eric

Ok, I've got it all happening now. THis is, without a doubt, an incredible VSTi. I only wish it hadnt taken me this long to acquire it but now I'm an official spectrasonics junkie (x2 with Atmosphere). Unfortunately, I'm under the gun right now with a project so I'm not able to fully explore all the possibilities but I am indeed putting them to use already. Thanks for the support guys.

Eric

Go Back to forum