• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Sonivox Muse

Share/Bookmark

Sonivox Muse

Their advertisement says about it:

Symphonic Instruments - Orchestral selections taken directly from SONiVOX� acclaimed Complete Symphonic Collection; the choice of Film & TV composers the world over. Over 14Gb of solo & ensemble strings, brass, winds, mallets and percussion; MUSE is a MINI Symphonic Collection in itself.

But I never found any details about instruments, articulations, layers etc... how are they sampled, chromatic or semitones, 24 or 16 bits, etc...

14 Gb from SISS worth to ask some questions...

SergeD

Re: Sonivox Muse

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    Their advertisement says about it:[...]
    14 Gb from SISS worth to ask some questions[....]
    Hi Serge,
    Well for starters, I have read that their full 24-bit Symphonic Collection is a little over 80GB. I too would like to know exactly what they have ported over to Muse from their SC.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Just for starters. There's a screenshot on their website, but to me it's just meaningless. http://www.sonivoxmi.com/ProductDeta...oCdMuseScreens - the 2nd from above, with Ens Basses articulations. There are some patches with Pizz, I never knew that Pizz is that important.

If you want symphonic stuff alone, the SC is a better price per GB.
    [Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    Ok, Sonivox has a forum, I'll try there and back with some answers I hope.
    Thanks Serge! As far as I have read, the Muse stuff pulled from the SC is 24-bit.]
    Cheers,
    Chris

Silver is 3 Gb, GPO 2Gb and are considered as starter libraries.

I said once in other thread that Gold was a 15 Gb weight library. But Gold is 16 bits and we don't know about this reduced version of SSIS.

Ok, Sonivox has a forum, I'll try there and back with some answers I hope.

SergeD

Yeah, I had this hope too.

But some news are welcome. I like to know the symphony abbreviations.

Thumbs up Re: Sonivox Muse

Just dropped in to say Muse is the best collection of sounds for a gigging performer. I use 2 DAW's for my rig ( chance favors the prepared mind ) and have GS3 on #1, and GVI on #2. Both use 3 x 15DSP Scope cards for synths and physical modelling. This was made 4 GVI.

I thought I should thank the guys @ sonivox 4 such a high quality product in this forum, on this thread.

Every instument is a winner, no useless fat anywhere. This dog will hunt.

So if you want to get jamming right away, grab it. This will make you perform, instead of that endless search through content for " That Sound. " If you can't have fun w/ this product, you need experience in arrangements, as this has so many categories nailed, I applaud it. I have several thousand dollars worth of content, but this was the best 500 I ever spent on samples period. Even the Honky Tonk has nailed Chuck Leavell's sound from the Allman Brothers Band, and that's what I like to do, jam, not tweak. These sampled instruments are ready and waiting. And I gotta go jam, outta here.

PM me 4 more details. If you don't buy this ,...good. I prefer no one else use it but me.

BTW, this is proof that the Gigantic, and Ultimate sized libraries are not how one should judge this, that's in the past IMO. The iMIDI, and portamento features make this real playable. The Rhodes, f.e. feels and sounds exactly like the beat up Rhodes I had in the day from too much travel. I really have no use for this, besides Scarbee's EP's have made me very happy through my Tube mixer and rotary cabinet.. But the fact that they could do this was what I found amazing. I will never forget how that felt having played one for years.

JV

Hello JV,

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live
    PM me 4 more details.
    O.k., but I don't see any reason to not discuss this in public. Just two quick questions:

- Can you control the hihat openess in the drum sets?

- Are there "normal" legato and staccato patches in the symphonic content? I don't understand the abbreviations, as I said they're pure meaningless to me. What does the patches make them so unique that Sonic Implants just use such abbreviations?

Thanks in advance!

If you don't buy this ,...good. I prefer no one else use it but me.
    Plain understandable.

Regards

Kai

Just dropped in to say Muse is the best collection of sounds for a gigging performer. I use 2 DAW's for my rig ( chance favors the prepared mind ) and have GS3 on #1, and GVI on #2. Both use 3 x 15DSP Scope cards for synths and physical modelling. This was made 4 GVI.

I thought I should thank the guys @ sonivox 4 such a high quality product in this forum, on this thread.

Every instument is a winner, no useless fat anywhere. This dog will hunt.

So if you want to get jamming right away, grab it. This will make you perform, instead of that endless search through content for " That Sound. " If you can't have fun w/ this product, you need experience in arrangements, as this has so many categories nailed, I applaud it. I have several thousand dollars worth of content, but this was the best 500 I ever spent on samples period. Even the Honky Tonk has nailed Chuck Leavell's sound from the Allman Brothers Band, and that's what I like to do, jam, not tweak. These sampled instruments are ready and waiting. And I gotta go jam, outta here.

PM me 4 more details. If you don't buy this ,...good. I prefer no one else use it but me.

BTW, this is proof that the Gigantic, and Ultimate sized libraries are not how one should judge this, that's in the past IMO. The iMIDI, and portamento features make this real playable. The Rhodes, f.e. feels and sounds exactly like the beat up Rhodes I had in the day from too much travel. I really have no use for this, besides Scarbee's EP's have made me very happy through my Tube mixer and rotary cabinet.. But the fact that they could do this was what I found amazing. I will never forget how that felt having played one for years.

JV
    Hi scope,
    Would you mind posting some of your music using muse and let us know some useful information relative to Muse and the songs? I appreciate it.
    [Edit 5: I would also really like to hear how the 4-GB Muse GM Bank sounds.
    I think G. Holst's Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity would be a great demonstration for us: http://www.aquarianage.org/lore/files/jupiter.mid. The rest of the suite in GM song format is here: http://www.aquarianage.org/lore/holst.html.
    [Edit: Additionally, if you would tell us the average number of velocity layers among the instruments other than nonpitched percussion, and generally how playable the instruments are mentioning method you use to play most of the instruments I think that would help the rest of us . For comparison, I have EWQL Colossus--average velocity layers other than nonpitched percussion: 2--playability: moderately low because out of the box while the velocity programming is there, it doesn't allow realtime cc11 (which it uses for continuous volume) control via the modwheel, nor does it allow for any instruments but a couple to have any sort of timbre filtering to be applied with the modwheel. Ideally a sample library would allow both continuous gain and adjustable filtering linked to gain to be assigned to the modwheel in various combinations, and have note-centric mathematic timbre filtering which coexists with the modwheel gain and filtering that allows the playing of different timbre filter levels for each simultanious note dependant on velocity. Perhaps I'm asking too much, but I'd like the playing process to be efficient and musically very useful. ]
    [Edit 2: I've just sent Sonivox an E-mail about this thread. ]
    [Edit 3: Moreover, it would likewise be ideal if as an option a line of notes could be automatically analyzed when it is complete so that timbre filtrations for natural attack crescendi, sustain humanization variances, and decay decrescendi are applied for staccati, legati, and long notes while appropriately incorporating the velocity and modwheel timbre filtration variables for another higher level of efficiency and musicality during playback. What I think is great about smart and flexible timbre filtration is that any existing collection of samples can benefit from it with no further recording.]
    [Edit 4: I think the feature may be aptly termed a melodic expresser]
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cmdratz
    Hi scope,
    Would you mind posting some of your music using muse and let us know some useful information relative to Muse and the songs? I appreciate it.
    Let us hear how Muse sounds. So as I know Muse is an allround librarie, not especially orchesterinstruments, like the EMU Librari which comes with their sampler or the nativeinstruments with the K2... .
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast