• Register
  • Help

Topic: Convolution Reverb in GPO2

Share/Bookmark

Convolution Reverb in Kontakt2 Player

I can drag and drop impulse files into the convolution reverb module which is built into the Kontakt2 Player when the player is operated in stand-alone mode and the impulse files work fine

However, when I drag and drop the same impulse files into the convolution reverb module of the Kontakt2 Player when the player is loaded as a software instrument in Cubase 4.0.2, the drag and drop impulse file failes to load.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dave

Re: Convolution Reverb in GPO2

I can confirm the same using SX 2.2.0.35.

Also I cannot get the K2 player in standalone to save and store any presets correctly.
    Well, it stores them, but doesnt load the IR.

So far only drag and drop while in stand-alone mode works.

regards Joe

Question Re: Convolution Reverb in GPO2

How do you find the Impulse Responses to drag and drop? I can only find the GPO Library itself, not the IR files that seem to have come with it.
    I checked the files in Windows explorer, and under the Native Instrumets_Kontakt 2 Player_Presets_Impulses, they seem to be there, but nothing shows up in the Kontakt 2 Player to allow me to drag and drop them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbat
    I checked the files in Windows explorer, and under the Native Instrumets_Kontakt 2 Player_Presets_Impulses, they seem to be there, but nothing shows up in the Kontakt 2 Player to allow me to drag and drop them. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you did get any presets with KP2, they will be in subfolders of "...\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\presets\effects\convolution" (on WinXP).

And I can confirm what Joe said. Loading presets seems to be broken in KP2.2.1.

There are a small number of impulse files provided with the GPO update. You will find them in the presets folder located in the Kontakt Player 2 folder in your Applications folder on a Mac. On my system, you need to load them manually by drag and drop....there are no presets shown in the Kontakt2 Player itself for impuses that I can find.

In addition, there are many IR/IM files all over the internet that will work just fine when the Kontakt2 Player is used in stand-alone mode.

None of the impulse files seem to work when the Kontakt2 Player is used as a plugin.

Anyone else finding the same thing?

Dave

I copied K2's effect presets into K2 player's folder. All presets except convolution worked. And, if I made setting of convolution using drag & drop IR manually and saved it with K2 player standalone, I can't load it later.
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

Go Back to forum