• Register
  • Help

Topic: sam and vsl?

Share/Bookmark

sam and vsl?

Im looking to add to my orchestral libraries. I only have GPO and the VSL samples that came from kontakt2.
    I was thinking of getting sam brass (500ish) and VSL appasionate strings (500ish). Do you think this would be a good idea? or does what come with the full library of the special edition of VSL be a better bet?

thanks for any thoughts/help

Re: sam and vsl?

Quote Originally Posted by locash
    Im looking to add to my orchestral libraries. I only have GPO and the VSL samples that came from kontakt2.
    I was thinking of getting sam brass (500ish) and VSL appasionate strings (500ish). Do you think this would be a good idea? or does what come with the full library of the special edition of VSL be a better bet?

thanks for any thoughts/help
    Personally i would buy sam brass ..it's amazing. Best Brass library i've ever had....from VSL you could buy Epic Horns if you want a big "hollywood" horn sound.....btw if you don't have all that money go for the special edition that has a lot of stuff in it.

that was kinda my question.
    If i got sam brass would i need vsl horns (like in the special edition)(is sam brass better than vsl horns in the SE?)
    Then for strings to get vsl appassionata. would that be smart?

Quote Originally Posted by locash
    that was kinda my question.
    If i got sam brass would i need vsl horns (like in the special edition)(is sam brass better than vsl horns in the SE?)
    Then for strings to get vsl appassionata. would that be smart?
    sam brass in my opinion is best then any brass out there (especially sam solo session) ...if you want, maybe in the future you can just add Vsl Epic Horns. but with Sam Brass you will be fine already. For strings it's your choice...i think in this moment appassionata strings and sonivox strings are the best but i would still prefer Sonivox (that i have in K2 Format)...they are amazing and also have a lot of playing techniques that apppassionata don't have....but the price is higher ..maybe you can get the Mini edition...before that go check the string demos on Sonivox site....a couple sound like there is a live string orchestra wow!!! hope this helps

SAM is a killer brass library, but Epic Horns is a brilliant add-on to that. It's worth going into debt over.

I've always been partial to Sonic Implants strings over everything else, but after buying Appassionata Strings, SI has taken (a very close!) second place. The App Strings are very useable in many different types of music... they're not just for epic-sounding strings. When played softly, they're incredibly lush and warm. They don't have that thin sound that has always disappointed me with the regular VSL strings. And since App STrings and SI Strings will each set you back about the same amount of $$, I'd go with the Appassionatas.

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Go Back to forum