• Register
  • Help

Topic: Full Strings

Share/Bookmark

Full Strings

Just a question: anybody ever used the samples Full Strings?
    How about the ranges of the various instruments? They overlap and how to distinct? Where did you use it and what for?

Just trying to explore more of GPO.......

Raymond

Re: Full Strings

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62
    Just a question: anybody ever used the samples Full Strings?
    How about the ranges of the various instruments? They overlap and how to distinct? Where did you use it and what for?

Just trying to explore more of GPO.......

Raymond
    Hi Raymond, I did experiment a long time back. I guess they're useful if you're trying to knock-up a string section quickly or you want to get a feel for what a few bars of music would sound like if scored for strings.

But I can't say I've found a use for them generally. That said, there are a lot of patches I haven't explored properly and I'm sure that's my loss. One of these days I'll get 'round to familiarising myself with all the different player and solo patches.

Regards, Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamKeitch
    I guess they're useful if you're trying to knock-up a string section quickly or you want to get a feel for what a few bars of music would sound like if scored for strings.
    Oh... I thought so, but wasn't shure. I think I'll explore this in the next project.

Have a nice Sunday and thanks,

Raymond

I sometimes use this patch when I have an idea in my head that needs to get put down quickly before I lose it. It's useful if you don't want to worry about details while you're sketching, but should be replaced by the individual section samples before you are done with the mock-up.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

I often assign a temporary staff to the "full strings" sample, just to give me rapid access on my keyboard to some sort of sound covering a wide range, when working on an orchestral piece. It lets me "doodle" around with ideas with pencil, paper and keyboard.

Go Back to forum