• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recycle and Spectrasonic Backbeat

Share/Bookmark

Question Recycle and Spectrasonic Backbeat

I have the Backbeat audio CD and I am trying to slice it up with Recycle for RMX. Recycle states that every file is corrupt or unknown, but I know that this is definitely not true. Only the Mac has this problem and not the PC.

Has anyone experience this yet when using Recycle 2.1 for audio CD's? If so, is there a fix for this? Any ideals?

Thanks,
    Al

Re: Recycle and Spectrasonic Backbeat

I didn't know BackBeat had an audio CD. I thought it was only Akai/Emu/Roland CDRoms. If you have the CDRom version, you don't need Recycle, just use the Sage converter included in Stylus RMX. Their website has video tutorials explaining how.

If you truly have an audio CD, I'd recommend springing for the SAGE Expander version of BackBeat where they did all the work for you at better quality. It's only $99.

no apparently there is.
    But yes I would do what Mike said, $99 and they will have chopped it up for you, and other tricks that may make your result not as smooth.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

...ok thanks!
    This is an old Cd and I don't think SAGE Expander exist back then. I guest we have to pay twice.

Thanks,
    Al

not if you had bought the cdrom version.
    you would then get to use the Sage equivalent version at no extra cost.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl
    I guest we have to pay twice.
    Not really, because you never paid for the mapping and programming. You paid probably $100 for an audio CD, while I paid $300 for the Akai CDRom version.

If you buy the SAGE expander of BackBeat for $99, in total, you still will have spent $100 less than I did. You won't get a lot of sympathy from me!

Thumbs up Re: Recycle and Spectrasonic Backbeat

The SAGE expander is a very good thing for all of us. I will do anything to keep from using Recycle.

Thanks for letting me know about SAGE expanders.

--Al

Go Back to forum