• Register
  • Help

Topic: My new course on musical structure

Share/Bookmark

My new course on musical structure

My new course of six non-interactive lessons on designing your compositions has been posted on Gary's Educational forum. Unfortunately there is a problem showing the music examples.

Meanwhile you can see the whole course at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terence.../Tutorials.htm
    along with all my previous tutorials, including the recent Understanding Rhythm.

Terry Dwyer

Re: My new course on musical structure

Terry, thank you for this, it's very interesting...

Roberto

Terry,
    Thanks indeed for posting this. Although music is my obsession, I've never made any attempt to studied it. On the couple of pages I've already looked at, your tutorial has made me think and hopefully, learn! I have a few bookmarked sites in my browser but yours will definitely be a favourite!

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Terry:

Read your "musical structure" lessons. They are invaluable and so well-constructed pedagogically. I also visited your site and browsed around your other subject material on the use of instruments, etc.

Your entire pedagogical output is such an asset to this Forum. People who do not take advantage of this opportunity will lose out on something really worthwhile.

Thank you for creating these lessons for us. You may think that your material is going unnoticed, but it isn't. It's just that a lot of people don't comment after reading (and learning). After many years of formal study (degrees, etc.), I still enjoy refreshing myself in all facets of music theory and composition. I guess what I really enjoy is seeing how different teachers present their material. I have also learned a few "new" things to help complement my musical education. We should never stop learning when it comes to music (or, for that matter, anything else).

BRAVO, Prof. Dwyer

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

The course is now working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolman
    My new course of six non-interactive lessons on designing your compositions has been posted on Gary's Educational forum. Unfortunately there is a problem showing the music examples.

Meanwhile you can see the whole course at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/terence.../Tutorials.htm
    along with all my previous tutorials, including the recent Understanding Rhythm.

Terry Dwyer
    The server hosting the examples was down temporarily this weekend and is now back up. Sorry all for the inconveniece.

Gary Garritan

Thank you for the course! Your tutorials are well written, very insightful and a wonderful resource.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I skimmed through some of these sections, and definitely plan to come back when I have a bit more leisure time. Excellent work -- clear and concise and not too pedantic. Nearly every sentence is a helpful bit of information--nothing superfluous or redundant. This is a good "refresher" for my composition studies and could provide a helpful spur of inspiration when I'm in a "what to do next" rut.

Thanks for the hard work.

chris.

Smile Re: My new course on musical structure

These are great. Thank you very much, Professor Poolman.

David

Go Back to forum