• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Sonatina In D" (excerpt)

Share/Bookmark

"Sonatina In D" (excerpt)

Fellow Music People,

Here is an excerpt from the first section of my

"Sonatina In D".

This is the GPO Steinway piano to which I have added some subtle pedal noises. I also boosted the high end of the frequency spectrum - perhaps too much. Is it too crisp?

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Sonatina In D" (excerpt)

Something seems to be wrong with the file. It wont play even as a DL MP3.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Something seems to be wrong with the file. It wont play even as a DL MP3.

Phil
    Don't know what it could be. It plays on this end. I will check it.

Thanks,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Worked for me! Sounded great, Larry! Another wonderful composition by you; a splendid listen from beginning to end!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke
    Worked for me! Sounded great, Larry! Another wonderful composition by you; a splendid listen from beginning to end!

Ted
    Thank you, my friend. I appreciate your support.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Phil: if you download the file it will play. For some reason it didn't play for me in the browser... No idea why really... ???

Larry:

I believe that this is the first time posting in your numerous threads (to your honour. I could never write so much music as you do! This is alone incredible!)

I find your music to be always a pleasure to the ears, without one excpetion, and I must've heard at least 20 mp3s from you rmusic. Probably not enough to the whole of your opus, but hopefully enough to make a short and maybe sloppy judgement...

This track is really nice. Composition, harmonic progression and counterpoint all are following the classical "forms" which are proven to work great! I don't spot any problem with the pedal, and I have to admit that I'm pleasently surprised with the performance of the Garritan Steinway (compaired to the 50 Gb mosters around, which could make you think that they are supperior).

Finally one thought, if you don't mind. Your music is most of the times not... adventuruous... It is following the very treated paths, and thus it succeeds. I don't know you as a person, but I know that we have a great age difference (I'm 29 atm... you're older than me... at least 30 ). Maybe this comment has to do that I'm still "officially" studying music and composition, while you probably don't... But I would really hope to hear your efforts go to a different route... Your control of all classical techniques are fabulous. What would happen if you tried to apply them to a more contemporary theme, for example? Keep in mind that this is more of a philosophical comment than anything else.

Never the less I did enjoy your sonatina in D to great lenths. Thank you for that.

Thank you for your kind comments, Nikolas.

I am forty-four years older than you.

I have no interest in writing so-called "contemporary" music. I am not a fan of atonality, minimalism, etc. That makes me a "dinosaur". So be it.

My best to you,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I got it to play in iTunes although it showed it to be thirty three minutes long. There must be a glitch with the Mac OS on this one.

It was an enjoyable piece.

I wouldn't call you a dinosaur. Maybe a curator of traditional classical structure. You show that there is still plenty of life left in this form.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I got it to play in iTunes although it showed it to be thirty three minutes long. There must be a glitch with the Mac OS on this one.

It was an enjoyable piece.

I wouldn't call you a dinosaur. Maybe a curator of traditional classical structure. You show that there is still plenty of life left in this form.

Phil
    I will accept YOUR definition.

Thanks,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Too crisp? I rather like a brightly voiced piano,
    Larry, always have preferred it.

Now, granted my hearing isn't the greatest, but,
    no, I don't think it's too crisp.

There does seem to be maybe a faint... well, hard
    to describe, touch of chorus on the piano, maybe?

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast