• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO, Finale and Convolution Reverb

GPO, Finale and Convolution Reverb

Does anyone have any experiences of using convolution reverb with GPO, I'm thinking especially of Altiverb and particularly when using GPO with Finale. Can CR and impulse responses be used as a plugin or does this involve a complicated setup?

I am waiting patiently for Gary's 'Real Spaces' and until that momentous occasion can anyone advise me on an alternative with GPO and Finale.

I hope someone here can help with this as I've tried both Altiverb and Finale forums with no success.

Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO, Finale and Convolution Reverb

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    I don't think there is gonna be an easy way to use Altiverb from within Finale. As much as I love Finale (I usually compose directly into Finale) the audio output setup is pretty lacking. What I usually do is compose in Finale then export the MIDI file to my DAW (Sonar6) for the audio mixdown part. Thats where I do all my panning, EQ and add reverb (BTW Sonar6 does come with a pretty decent Convo. Reverb).

Thanks Tom,

This is exactly what I do. I prepare my score in Finale exclusively then save as a MIDI file to import into Sonar 6 Producer.

I use the 'Perfect Space' convo reverb in Sonar and I agree it is good.

Incidentally, do you find that Finale does not save the tempo change settings in it's MIDI file? Try putting a 'rit' or a fermata in your final bar with HP set. I think you'll find that the tempo changes are missing in the MIDI file in Sonar. I've tried these forums and Finale forums with no success. I've only tried this when using GPO. I don't know if the same would happen with any other setup.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum