• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another Gold XP Demo

Share/Bookmark

Another Gold XP Demo

I have been back and forth with the Gold XP Strings. To me, they have a wonderful sound to them. But I have said that about the rest of the librarys I own, also. Guess, it is how you use them. And what mood you are in.... Anyway, comments are welcomed..Joseph..
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=955907&t=5813

Re: Another Gold XP Demo

Hi Joseph, very warm and emotional pleasing music to my ears. I love the dark brass sound in the middle part. I also like the string sound and can imagine that using some other articulations at certain points may make it a little more realistic (the attacks mainly). But overall; Impressive work that shows great talent.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel, coming from you, it has meant a lot. And I am still struggling with the attacks, of the Strings. I have been back and forth with many pieces of mine, still it is not right. You have inspired more then ever to keep writing. Many Thanks..For that...Respect, Joseph..

I agree with Michiel that the strings could use some more variation in the articulations. They just don't sound that realistic and they are capable of much more.

A bit of tweaking with the expression on the heads and tails of phrases can really make a big difference. Layering different articulations for one part can add more depth to the sound. Also, offset each patch a bit before or after the beat so they don't all begin/end and precisely at the same time.

As with all of the major orchestral libs, it takes a lot of time and effort if your intent is to make them sound as realistic as possible.

WJA, Could not agree with you more. I am still in the learning process.Many thanks for the comments, and the listen..Have a long way to go as of yet..Joseph..

Go Back to forum