• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Little impressionistic string piece for the gpo's lush, muted str. sec.

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral Impressionistic String Piece For Gpo's Muted Strings:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everbody,
    I'm new here and I like to post here my first post with a small piece of mine
    called "String montage" - The piece is a section of a bigger impressionistic concert score which I wrote for a ballet.

Please follwow the link : http://www.box.net/shared/620cx4nggz

Comments welcome.

Jaques
    Last edited by Jaques; 03-25-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: changes in font style...

Re: Little impressionistic string piece for the gpo's lush, muted str. sec.

This is a very beautiful little excerpt. GPO sounds really lush here. Perhaps you could share more of it.

I did find it quite difficult to download the mp3 file....perhaps just my browser...
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Jaques,

I must agree with LouiseD, too short, give us more!

Ray

www.rayinstirling.net

Hi Louis D., Hi rayzalaf,

Thank you for kindly reply. Please take a look to my new thread regarding
    my ballet score with cut1 & 2. There are longer ones as the piece before.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    This is a very beautiful little excerpt. GPO sounds really lush here. Perhaps you could share more of it.

I did find it quite difficult to download the mp3 file....perhaps just my browser...

Re: Orchestral Impressionistic String Piece For Gpo's Muted Strings:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Jaques]

Jaques, you have achieved a lovely rich sound with this short exert. I particularly enjoyed the strings - and there's some subtle and nice sounds coming from the percussion section. Let's have some more of this.

Regards,

Graham

Lovely work.

And I agree, a bit too short.

The mood and texture is reminiscent of Debussy. An influence perhaps?

Please do expand on this.

Very well done.

~Jeff

Very smoooooth! Liked it a lot, but it seems to be going somewhere and as has been said, we need to hear more. There seems to be a lot of reverb but it works for this type of composition. Lush is a good word to describe it.

Thanks for posting - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Thumbs up Re: Little impressionistic string piece for the gpo's lush, muted str. sec.

Hello my friendly fellows,

thank you for your kindly comments here. This piece... of course.. is to short to named as a piece..is more a fragment and was taken from a longer ballett score of mine... there a two more cuts. Please take a look to my another thread here and listen ...to longer examples.

Jaques

Quote Originally Posted by DelCarry
    Very smoooooth! Liked it a lot, but it seems to be going somewhere and as has been said, we need to hear more. There seems to be a lot of reverb but it works for this type of composition. Lush is a good word to describe it.

Thanks for posting - Del

Jaques.

It's quite nice I reckon. Maybe as mentioned elsewhere the reverb seems to be a little on the "a lot" side, but either way it sounds nice in the exceprt. I will visit the other thread as well

Hi Nikolas,

yeah!.. I know and I agree about the large reverb space...but to make these lush effect... which is also find and used in comercial recording situations from Diana Krall or Babra Streisand and so on.. the real strings there are always mixed with a lot of room to... in special the after - reverb -effect (1.5 - 2 sec. or more) is important..and the richness of violas ,cello and bass by low register voicings need space to going in room, bcause they have another way to much power.

Jaques

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Jaques.

It's quite nice I reckon. Maybe as mentioned elsewhere the reverb seems to be a little on the "a lot" side, but either way it sounds nice in the exceprt. I will visit the other thread as well

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast