(crossing)

there's a third version with:
    Horn 1
    Flute
    Basson
    Horn 2
    (enclosure)

Re: Assignment 2A

Nobody has said anything about the 2 assignments posted so I'm going to pop in say great job by both. Downgrades 3 versions are going to be hard to improve on. I'm dying to see how you make it better. Woodwinds are by far my weakness...I can't wait to see how this one evolves. It seems everytime I program midi woodwinds--unless they are a solo voice--I end up with something that sounds almost like an organ....

Quote Originally Posted by nova.music
    Nobody has said anything about the 2 assignments posted so I'm going to pop in say great job by both. Downgrades 3 versions are going to be hard to improve on. I'm dying to see how you make it better. Woodwinds are by far my weakness...I can't wait to see how this one evolves. It seems everytime I program midi woodwinds--unless they are a solo voice--I end up with something that sounds almost like an organ....
    I add my reply to that of nova.music, very fine musical assignements by Downgrade!

As for the 'organ-like' woodwind sounds, in fact that's no coincidence, as acoustically speaking both organ and woodwinds share the same principle of resonant tubes (with air spreading along the tubes), which makes in fact the organ sound like an entire woodwind family (with some sounding differences, of course...). Actually I find midi woodwinds quite well for midi quality in general (but, of course, nothing like a good sample library, or better, the real thing!). So, go for it and do your best, nova.music!

Here is Tony H's #2A assignments:

He did soft and loud versions:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...s/Belkin/th-2A soft.mp3
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...s/Belkin/th-2A loud.mp3

Thanks again Tony and downgrade for being so active in this course. Terrific work and seems you are both benefiting from this course.

Gary Garritan

--I can't get to Tony's assignments...I get an error..I have to throw out a thanks to guys/gals like downgrade, mrcaster and tony for submitting assignments. They are defintely adding to this course..they are doing great work. I feel guilty that I do not have time to spend turning in my own assignments, yet I learn a great deal from their efforts. THANKS--- I will do my best to start contributing as soon as possible.

Hello!

I'm way late for this class, but I loved the Rimsky course and now this. I also have read everything on Prof. Belkin's marvelous website and cannot find any instructional text comparable to his insight. Thanks!

I just finished my assignment #2, converted it from Sibelius into MP3/PDF, but it looks like I'm not allowed to attach files here. I see most people send to Mr. Garriton, but I doubt he's still active on this thread. Any help?

Is anyone one else still just discovering this class?

I have spent the last 4 years trying to deal with a dual injury, focal dystonia and radial tunnel, one in each hand. I recently decided it was time to give up on playing piano/guitar/sax, and am putting all my energy into composition. I'm loving it!

Go Back to forum