• Register
  • Help

Topic: Impressionistic orchestral use of GPO - feat. Fl. & Str.!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

Two new cuts from symphonic ballett.. listen here!!!!

Hi everbody,

here are another 2 pieces of mine, taken from my ballet score

La danse des amoureux
    2ème Mouvement
    Ballet d' une fantaisie

Please follow the following link:
    Cut1 : http://www.box.net/shared/pitaayh44a

Cut2 : http://www.box.net/shared/pio7tu28sk

There a 2 cuts, because the score is very, very long for a complete show here.
    Cut1 shows the use of GPO's Fl. w. vibrati. together with str. in longer trill voicings besides Harp 1 and 2 glisses on scale. The Fl. sample.. which I like very much and sounds better as someone from libarys more expensive are perfectly here for these kinds of melody and scale. Apart I use here Horns, Trb's, Basson and Cl. Bb, B.Cl. and so on.Celesta and Glockenspiel was also in use.

Cut2 shows the use of GPO str. in a more moving way in a romantic - impressionistic setting. The use of ghost notes for sound change was
    used between trills and normal bowing. Vlns,Vlas ,Cell, Bass - KS.

The selected reverb was "church" but cathedral works also very fine here.

Hope you enjoy it

Comments very welcome!

Jaques

Last edited by Jaques; 03-25-2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: better title for thread

Re: Impressionistic orchestral use of GPO - feat. Fl. & Str.!!!!!!!

They both sound great!

Phil

It sounds brilliant I have to say .And yes the flutes in the first cut sound fabulous (the oboe as well). Generally GPO is proving to be an excellent tool!

Just wondering if we can find any information about the ballet? I mean will it be performed somewhere? Isit commissioned? Maybe some add? That would be nice...

Cut2 is beautiful as well. Very lush sound, and it does remind me of other things I've heard, in a good way (meaning that the rendering is very very good, that's what I mean), and your tracks can be compaired to commercial music.

Hi Nikolas,
    thank you for your kindly comments. The corresponding WW to the fl. w. vibr. in the first cut is a clarinet. The ballet is written for a universitary student ballet in germany but we looking for producers in france and belgium because such a ballett is quite very expensive to produce...
    Jaques

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    It sounds brilliant I have to say .And yes the flutes in the first cut sound fabulous (the oboe as well). Generally GPO is proving to be an excellent tool!

Just wondering if we can find any information about the ballet? I mean will it be performed somewhere? Isit commissioned? Maybe some add? That would be nice...

Cut2 is beautiful as well. Very lush sound, and it does remind me of other things I've heard, in a good way (meaning that the rendering is very very good, that's what I mean), and your tracks can be compaired to commercial music.

Wonderful color work in these, Jaques! One is
    perhaps reminded of both Claude Debussy and
    Olivier Messiaen... surreal and impressionistic
    at once.

Excellent work on these!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum