• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Kontakt 2 Player Update Guide for PC

Share/Bookmark

GPO Kontakt 2 Player Update Guide for PC

The GPO Kontakt 2 Player Update is available from NI and is causing some unforseen problems with the installation and usage. I have put together a step by step Howto to try and deal with the authorisation and installation of the update. The Mac howto will be available shortly.

The Howto / tutorial is can now be found here:

http://www.garritan.com/Kontakt2PlayerUpdate.html

If you continue to experience problems with this update please PM or email me.

Re: GPO Kontakt 2 Player Update Guide for PC

Tony,

I can't seem to get K2 working with GPO. I followed the directions (except for the part about registering K2 online -- I had to save the HTML and perform the registration from a computer that was connected to the internet). I imported the resulting .naf file from the NI website, but my K2 doesn't look like the one in your document (the GPO graphics don't show up). When I try to open a sound, it says they're not valid in K2. Everything works fine in the old GPO player. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bill

Can you verify that you have the following directory structure on your PC. I'm assuming that you have installed onto drive C: otherwise the batch file would have failed.

C:\Program Files\Garritan\GPO KP2 Library

If that directory exists can you also confirm that the following files are also present.

GPO_Library_part1.nks
    GPO_Library_part2.nks
    GPO_Library_part3.nks

and also

GPO_Library_part1.nkc
    GPO_Library_part2.nkc
    GPO_Library_part3.nkc

The installation procedure asks to copy the three "GPO Library partX.nks" files. Each of these files is the size of an entire CD.

Once the files have been copied, is there a way to get rid of the old version of the NI player so that the duplicate files won't take up so much space?

My guess is you can simply uninstall Garritan Personal Orchestra and delete the library files, if you are positive, you won't need GPO KP1 anymore. Or you can create a hardlink to the .nks files instead of copying them.

What is the relationship between Garritan Studio and the various versions of Kontakt Player?

Garritan Studio can host up to 8 instances of the GPO (and JABB, I think) VST plugin (KP1 only).

So in order to use Studio you have to have the KP1 version of GPO installed; yes? Is there any equivalent for KP2?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    So in order to use Studio you have to have the KP1 version of GPO installed; yes?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    Is there any equivalent for KP2?
    Yes, KP2 itself. You can load 4*16=64 instruments in the stand alone KP2, as opposed to Studio's 8*8=64 instruments.

Studio acts like a MIDI device, so that any sequencer can use it. Does KP2 behave similarly?

Go Back to forum