• Register
  • Help

Topic: After GPO & Kpp2 Slow load on Strad-Gofriller

Share/Bookmark

After GPO & Kpp2 Slow load on Strad-Gofriller

Anyone else notice this?

Installed GPO/Kp2 with sample library on a separate drive as usual. Copied the three .nks files into the new directory and all three instruments GPO/Strad/Gofriller now appear in Kp2.
    Registration went OK

But, load start times are now very long for both Strad and Gofriller. The hourglass is there for a full heart stopping 30+ seconds before loading begins. They do load finally but it's scary to watch. This is both standalone and instide of Sonar 6pe

BTW: GPO instruments start to load instantly.

Anyone ideas?
    Thanks,
    Fred

Re: After GPO & Kpp2 Slow load on Strad-Gofriller

2 minutes and 30 seconds it took to load the Strad ver 1 samples. Just time to make a coffey.

David

OK you win, I only take 1 minute and 10 seconds to load completely!

There's a similar thread in the Strad-Gofriller section of the forum

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52603

I'll make any posts about the problem in that thread just to keep things together.

Fred

This is probably because the Lock Sample Memory option is checked which slows down load times considerably. You'll need to click on Options and uncheck this. Can't remember which tab this option is on and I'm at work now.

Jim

I checked a project last night that used the updated GPO. The Strad and cello loaded at the same speed as before I upgraded GPO.

Jim

Jim,
    The "Lock Sample Memory" option you mentioned is not available in the 2.2.1 player version for Windows. Are you running on a mac or on Windows? There is a thread in the Strad/Gofriller forum where a bunch of people have been experiencing the same issue, maybe it is isolated to the windows platform. Please let us know what you are running.

Gary,
    Has anybody on the Garritan team had a chance to look into this? If so, where do we stand?

Thanks everybody,
    JS

I haven't checked the player for this lock memory option. I'll check tonight.

Jim

Go Back to forum