• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQL Access Error

EWQL Access Error

Anybody ever had an installation problem on a Mac with ewqlso? I keep getting an access error "1008:5, -5000 Access Denied Error" on Tiger OS X.

Is there a fix for this? Any ideals?

Re: EWQL Access Error

Problem solved.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

Re: EWQL Access Error

What was it?

Thumbs up Re: EWQL Access Error

When we updated the Mac O/S, I was told to always do a repair disk permission after updates. I knew nothing about this. Also, I had to do this from tech support...>
    Symphonic Orchestra
    Why am I getting an "Access denied error" when I try to install my EastWest software on my Mac?

"Error creating folder 1008:9, -5000 Access Denied error" or "You do not have enough priveledges for this installation"

If you receive either of the above messages while trying to install any Kompakt/Intakt player on your Mac, it usually means that the following folders do not have the proper permissions set:

MacHD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign
    MacHD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plugins
    You can verify this by clicking once on the folder and pressing Apple-I. Under Ownership & Permissions, set all the drop-down menus to "You can: Read & Write"

Following this you may also want to repair your disk permissions before proceeding with the installation.

Man...if it wasn't for this, I would had been doomed.

Go Back to forum