• Register
  • Help

Topic: MacIntel Problem

Share/Bookmark

MacIntel Problem

I've successfully installed and registered K2. My Strad continues to show and work fine. But although GPO shows in K2, the samples can't be found. I see this problem being addressed for the Windows gang; but nothing yet about Mac. Do I need to install GPO from my original disc? If so, what's the proper file path?

Thanks for the help!

Clay

MacBok Pro
    Logic Pro
    Fastrack Pro
    Digital Amateur

Re: MacIntel Problem

Quote Originally Posted by claysf
    I've successfully installed and registered K2. My Strad continues to show and work fine. But although GPO shows in K2, the samples can't be found. I see this problem being addressed for the Windows gang; but nothing yet about Mac. Do I need to install GPO from my original disc? If so, what's the proper file path?

Thanks for the help!

Clay

MacBok Pro
    Logic Pro
    Fastrack Pro
    Digital Amateur
    You must copy the 3 .nks files into the same directory as the other GPO 2.0 files. Then it will work.

Keith Walls

Thanks Keith. The .nks files appear to be where they're supposed to be--right next to the Strad files, which are working just fine. I talked to Garritan Support today, and they're sounding pretty frazzled as I guess I'm not the only one having problems with this update. They told me they're working on the problem, and have already resolved it for PC users. They're working on the MacIntel issue now, I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by claysf
    Thanks Keith. The .nks files appear to be where they're supposed to be--right next to the Strad files, which are working just fine. I talked to Garritan Support today, and they're sounding pretty frazzled as I guess I'm not the only one having problems with this update. They told me they're working on the problem, and have already resolved it for PC users. They're working on the MacIntel issue now, I'm told.
    The Mac Installer put the GPO (not the K2 player!) in a folder called "GPO KP2 Library." In that folder is:
    Documentation (folder)
    Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2_info.nkc
    Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2_info.nkx
    GPO_Library_part1.nkc
    GPO_Library_part1.nks
    GPO_Library_part2.nkc
    GPO_Library_part2.nks
    GPO_Library_part3.nkc
    GPO_Library_part3.nks
    Instruments (folder)
    Multis (folder)

There are no Strad files in this folder. They are in another folder called
    "Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin"
    Keith Walls

Keith, all I see there are the .nkc files 1-3. The file path is:

/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/GPO KP2 Library

The .nks files aren't there. Where are they hiding? Looks like I'll have to find and move them to this location.

When you installed GPO, the installation asked you where you wanted to store the samples. The folder name will be "GPO Library", the KP2 update uses a folder named "GPO KP2 Library". There is a thread in this section titled "GPO Kontakt Player Update Mac Howto". It has a link to instructions and a script I wrote to assist coping these files. To run the script, you will need to know where the two folders listed above are located so you can drag and drop them for the script. Since there is no default location, you will have to remember where you put them. If you have no plan to continue using KP1.5, then the script may not be that useful. Once you know where the sample folders are, just move them over.

If you're running Tiger, use spotlight to find one of the files like GPO_Library_part1.nks

Thanks to both of you, Craig and Keith, for the help. I think i'm all set. I simply put the GPO CD in and dragged the .nks files from it to the right place. It all seems to work!

Afterwards, I came across the new "Howto" you put together. Nice job! I'm a little surprised not to see a yellow warning triangle, since I did not re-authorize the GPO, only the new KP2. But as long as it works, I ain't complaining!

PS. The new Player is a wonderful upgrade! I've been without GPO since my PC laptop was stolen last summer, and to tell the truth I was kind of dreading facing Kontact's interface again. But it's great to find out that Gary and the people at NI are listening--the new version looks and works just great, with most of the flexibility and convenience issues nicely resolved. Kudos!

Go Back to forum