• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus multiple installs?

Share/Bookmark

Stylus multiple installs?

Hi,

What's the procedure I need to use to perform an additional installation of Stylus RMX on my new laptop?

Not sure how many installations are allowed, so please factor that into the procedure (this would be my 2nd installation, it's already working on my G5 and I need to also use it on my Macbook Pro).

Re: Stylus multiple installs?

Just do it. :-)

We allow as many installs as you need. You'll never "run out" of authorizations like how alot of other C/R systems do it.

I recently upgraded to faster computers both at my studio and my home composing setup. After getting my studio machine up and running, I encountered a glitch which required me to reinstall the OS and start all over. I run a lot of plugins and virtual instruments, and the Spectrasonics stuff was BY FAR the easiest to reauthorize.

(I won't detail the problems I had de-authorizing/re-authorizing other stuff, downloading latest versions of protection key drivers, etc. It all made me want to pull my hair out.)

In addition to my two desktop configurations, I occasionally have to work while on the road, so Spectrasonics allows me another authorization on my Powerbook. (All three of their plugins are must-haves for me.) Most of my other products only allow two authorizations, so I'm unable to use them on my laptop without a lengthy and convoluted de-auth/auth process.

You see...this is common sense. I can obviously only work on one machine at a time. While it makes me angry that users of cracked software have created this mess, Spectrasonics is one company which - to my way of thinking - has found the best compromise in protecting their product from theft, while not punishing their honest users.

Just another reason I'm such a big fan of Eric and crew!

Oh - in the process, I managed to break the portable USB hub which holds all my dongles, too. My new one should be here today. Geez. Why doesn't EVERYONE take a clue from Spectrasonics!?

Fred Story

Thanks for the greenlight, Eric!

To clarify why I was asking, Stylus install CD is not Macintel, but the upgrade download is. So its OK to install the CD on the MacIntel, then download the upgrade and you're in business?

No need to answer, I will soon find out!

(So glad the days of DREADING using loops etc are gone...its now a pure joy. Bring on the "refills" etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kral
    Thanks for the greenlight, Eric!

To clarify why I was asking, Stylus install CD is not Macintel, but the upgrade download is. So its OK to install the CD on the MacIntel, then download the upgrade and you're in business?
    Yessireeee!

Go Back to forum