• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tascaam Giga Violin

Share/Bookmark

Tascam Giga Violin

I wonder that Tascam now comes with their new Giga Violin... . Did they never heared Gary`s Stradivari?

For me, there are lying worlds between this 2 instruments

http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...217p236p156p62

O.K., when I look at to what it costs, I think they know what is happend on the market... .
    Last edited by germancomponist; 03-21-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: mistake in writing your language
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: Tascaam Giga Violin

No other virtual instrument than Gary`s Stradivari had so far reached it that it down-ran me coldly the backs, when I heared some solos from that.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Wink Re: Tascaam Giga Violin

Vas Ist Los,
    I shall spare you the torture, it is available finally after weeks of post NAMM mourning.
    I use to sequence Mahavishnu Orchestra back in the day to practice my chops over abstract meter changes, and had to use the Emulator samples to cover McLaughlin, and Luc Ponty.
    I hope I can jam w/ this in such a way. I'm sure I can do Dawn, and Journey Up The Rhine by Wagner. But I really need a jammin' fiddle.
    Since I'm a Giga die-hard, I will let you know in a little more detail what it's like.
    I just converted from a large touring hardware rig, to a 28U SKB cased Main Battle Tank. As soon as I come to grips w/ Cubase 4, I will direct you to a website where Muse, and Gigaviolin will be used. It's a modular synth forum for the Scope Fusion Platform.
    I have finally retired my hardware sequencers after 22 years of use. The ancient QX-1, and the Roland MC500-MKII were used for automation of lights, vocal FX, and various parts. The only thing that malfunctioned was the power cord after years of use. I doubt that Cubase 4 will last that long, but we shall see.

Best Regards, Alvetazein,

Jimmy V.

Yeesh- I hate to be one of those snarky people but a Korg M1 could do a violin as good as that. They're laughably behind the curve with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Yeesh- I hate to be one of those snarky people but a Korg M1 could do a violin as good as that. They're laughably behind the curve with this one.
    Fred, are you referring to the demos? They've been around for a while, and I have a feeling that tascam has probably updated the product without updating the demos. It was supposed to be released a long time ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if gary's work promted them to do some (or maybe) a lot more tweaking. Whatever the case, I am curious and optimistic, as I have read elsewhere that this library sounded very good at NAMM. In post-strad sampling, that claim could mean a lot.

Worst case scenario: Second Fidd.....<runs for cover>

Best,
    Belbin

Belbin's right. That's an old demo. They might have updated the sound since then, but I don't know for sure.

Looking at GigaPiano II, that was a proof-of-concept (for piano body resonance) as much as it was a product. Many piano developers followed with the body resonance feature.

GigaViolin might be a bit of the same. In this case the string (sampled) and body (impulse) are separate, which allows for dynamic vibrato and such. Also this is the first GVI player product.

It will be interesting to see where this leads...

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    ..... Also this is the first GVI player product.

It will be interesting to see where this leads...
    Not so sure....Isn't MUSE GVI Powered?

I do agree about the interesting part, though.

My smilies seem to be busted....

Belbin

If I based my purchases on the demos that developers provide, I would have nothing to play.
    I prefer to hear the instument in context. But I guess you guys won't be sitting in w/ the Miami Philharmonic anytime soon, so I will buy it as I have done so many times b4. If it sucks I'll be pissed, but it won't the first or last time for that.
    I have worked w/ horns and strings live many times, and these instruments are all way off the mark IMO. Even the great sounding pianos pale when next to my Upright Grand. But when I play live these instruments sound great as there are no real ones playing @ that moment to compare them to. So if you like where it sits in the mix, that's all that counts. I actually had the priveledge of working w/ the Las Vegas String Quintet two years ago, and they loved my single note sustained ARP String Ensemble on their susutaining parts. I doubt many of you Virtual Orchestra guys would like that one in your mix, but live it worked great, and allowed the 1st Violinist to alter his performance. The Yamaha C7 which I love when I do classical or solo work, they hated. Fine, I'll use the 7 footer and be happy there too. Sometimes you just gotta make it happen.

A Bird Can't Tell You Much About Aerodynamics,

BTW, Hello John F. Haven't spoke w/ you since the show in Vegas. Good to see you are always helping others still. Good luck w/ your project, and SHARP.

And Yes, Muse is GVI powered, and they did a remarkable job w/ it. Larry Seyer kicked in w/ many extra good impulses, along w/ SI's updated collection also. Very nice, very usuable. I even enjoyed playing the celeste. I tried to play it like steel drums, but that dog could'nt hunt.

Hi J...,

If you want to play GigaViolin live, you might get yourself a free pass to NAB in mid-April, go to LVCC's South Hall and visit the Tascam booth. I'd be really surprised if they don't show it there.

I'd bet your live rig is really rockin' these days!

Go Back to forum