• Register
  • Help

Topic: Live Recording

Live Recording

Hi everyone,

Well I didn't want to put this in the listening room, since its not GPO. But it IS actual human beings

This is a string quartet that I wrote over a year ago (on GPO originally) played by the Amion String Quartet. They take forever to start playing but other than that I thought it was a good job.

Ok, Bragging over: here's the link.

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Live Recording

Very nice, a beautiful piece to listen to start the day.

Can you tell us more about Amion String Quartet? Are they from Romania?

Thanks for posting it!

Re: Live Recording

It is very nice. And I reckon is from a performance or a concert or something. I really like the modal playing between the different lines and the calm nature of the piece... I like the faster pace after the middle.

And the strings sound rather good. A little too much vibrato for my personal taste, but as mentioned this is personal...

BTW, a week ago or so, I posted a string quartet live recording in the music forum and nobody seemed to mind. (http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52560) . Don't see why not post there as well.

As for a very slight critic, the only thing I would have to say is that it's a little on the soft side... I don't know if it's the applause that's causing this (being louder from the music) or you didn't normalise it. If it is the second case, it would really be worth to take the WAV file through a sequencer or a Wave editor (audacity, or reaper are free and perfect for the job, if you don't have something else), and brin the volume up a bit.

Thank you for sharing. It's always refreshing to hear live playing.

Well OF COURSE The applause was loud. The audiance was so overwhelmed with my genius!!!

I didn't realize audacity was free. Might be worth looking into.

Then check out REAPER as well (there is a thread about it as well). It is a shareware, with NO limits. Get it for free and the non commercial use is around 40$ tops... And of course it's tons better than audacity...

Very nice performance - you must have been very happy! Congratulations.

Yes, Audacity is free. Bear in mind that at the moment, Reaper is not available for Macs.
    Ron Pearl

Go Back to forum