• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 related problem in SX3

Share/Bookmark

K2 related problem in SX3

Hoping someone here can help. I just downloaded the new Kontakt Player 2 upgrade for use with GPO. I followed the directions and it worked great. No problems. Well, I own the regular Kontakt sampler and thought I'd just use it for the newly programmed GPO instruments with thier cool little skins and all that. So I open regular Kontakt, load a patch from the new library location (after rebuilding the database to show the new location) but I get an error because the patch, which was like violin 1 KS, was programmed for Kontakt 2.2.1 and my Kontakt is 2.1.xxx. So I go to the NI website, download the updates for K2, install the 2.2.1 update, restart Cubase, open K2, load the same patch from the new GPO library, does the same thing. I check the version number of K@ and it's still 2.1.1. SO I close everything down, go back to the NI site, run the service thingy. It says that I'm all updated. So then I open K@ stand alone. IT is updated to 2.2.1. I load the same patch, Hey! it works. So then I think, I better check my VST folders and make sure I got the DLL in the right folder. Sure enough, there isnt a 2.2.1 version of the K2 dll in there. So I copy it over from the NI folder where K2 is installed. I put it in the same folder all my other VSTs are in which is like C>Program files>Steinberg>VST plugins. That doesnt do it either! And I even replaced the 2.1.1 file with the 2.2.1 file. So I also put a copy in the SX3 plugins folder and it still doesnt work. THe K2 player works fine but I cant get my full version of K2 up to the current version in SX3. I really want this so that I can load GPO right next to other sounds I have for K2. Any suggestions would be very welcome. I know this isnt a GPO problem at all. But the NI site gives me the willies. I'd much rather deal with this crowd if someone can help. Thanks.

Eric

Re: K2 related problem in SX3

Hello Eric,

I had an related issue with another, older update. Look what I've done to solve this problem:

I've been gone to the Steinberg VST-folder and rename(!) the older Kontakt2 VST-dll, because I wanted to make sure, that these dll-file(s) were missed by the update process (it seemed that these files are not updated, the stand-alone update worked out fine!). But the replayed update installation don't missed the renamed VST-dlls - it just put up to date dlls in the Steinberg folder. That's it, that made it for me.

Don't ask me why this happened, because my VST-folders are plain standard and the update should have worked properly. Well, I had some other issues with Kontakt2 and Cubase, that never happened before and it took me many hours to finally made it. ...I haven't done the latest Kontakt2 update, because the older updates costs me nerves.

Well, apologize my bad spelling, hope you understand what I'm describing above. Maybe it will solve your problem too.

Regards

Kai

Thanks Kai,
    I will check that out when I get home later today. I am a bit confused as to what exactly you renamed. The dll? I have 3 dll's for K2 right now. One for K2, one for K2_8out, and one for K2_16out. But they all say that they are 2.2.1 files. But I will recheck myself again. Thanks for the help.

Eric

Hi Eric,

yes, I'd renamed all the Kontakt2 related dll's in the Steinberg VST folder and start the update one more time. Probably you're having another issue, but maybe it is worth to try it the same way. Unfortunately I don't see any other solution.

Kai

Go Back to forum