• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 and MIDI-Yoke/Ox?

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 and MIDI-Yoke/Ox?

I'm considering going to Kontakt2 (mostly because the script thing seems way too cool to miss out on), the problem is I'm stubborn when it comes to sequencers - I've been using good old digital orchestrator pro for ages now, and I just love how easy it is to use. The piano roll, and and the curve tool for CC data is SO much smoother to work with than Cubase, but it's sort of pre-VST:/
    So I was wondering: does anyone know if Kontakt2 works with MIDI-Yoke/MIDI-Ox?

Re: Kontakt 2 and MIDI-Yoke/Ox?

Quote Originally Posted by K Lundquist
    I'm considering going to Kontakt2 (mostly because the script thing seems way too cool to miss out on), the problem is I'm stubborn when it comes to sequencers - I've been using good old digital orchestrator pro for ages now, and I just love how easy it is to use. The piano roll, and and the curve tool for CC data is SO much smoother to work with than Cubase, but it's sort of pre-VST:/
    K2 stand alone works fine with Midi/ox, maple midi. and loopbe. You can also route midi to any of the vst hosts like Bidule or VStack and run the vsti K2 along with other vst effects and instruments

Is there any additional latency using Kontakt 2 as standalone w/ midi yoke versus using Kontakt 2 as a vst in a host sequencer (eg, Cubase)?
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Thanks MMOSC, just what I wanted to know

Bumpin' this
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Quote Originally Posted by K Lundquist
    I've been using good old digital orchestrator pro for ages now, and I just love how easy it is to use. The piano roll, and and the curve tool for CC data is SO much smoother to work with than Cubase, but it's sort of pre-VST:/
    You must still be running W98. I was bummed DOP wouldn't work on XP.

Quote Originally Posted by kstevege
    Bumpin' this
    Since no experts are replying I'll do my best.

I think latency is an audio issue unrelated to MIDI communication (how long it takes your soundcard to convert a stream of digital data from your synthesiser into sound from from your speakers.)

MIDI communication is constrained by the ancient interface used (32kbps) and I suspect takes the same time whatever method is used. I use Midiyoke both with K2 standalone and plugged into Bidule, playing in real time, extremely successfully.

Stephen

Go Back to forum