• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 player Convolution effect

Share/Bookmark

K2 player Convolution effect

I might not understand very well how to use convolution effect with Kontakt player2, but I can't use convolution when I use it as a VSTi plug-in. And also, I can't save my preset of convolution, though I can save that of reverb, compressor and so on. I'm able to use convolution with Kontakt2, but not with K2 player. Would it be a bug?

I sent a mail to GPO's support and have no response.
    Tatsu Nagao
    YAMAHA P-120, Kontakt2, GPO, Garritan Strad and Gofriller, etc.

Re: K2 player Convolution effect

Hi Tatsu,

I could be wrong, and I am guessing here but, I think the only way to use convolution reverb with the K2 player is if the loaded instrument supports it.

I believe you can use convolution reverb with the full version of K2 without the instrument having any convolution as part of the sound of the instrument.
    I hope that made sense

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Tatsu,

I could be wrong, and I am guessing here but, I think the only way to use convolution reverb with the K2 player is if the loaded instrument supports it.

I believe you can use convolution reverb with the full version of K2 without the instrument having any convolution as part of the sound of the instrument.
    Dan, I think Tatsu referred to the Output module, where loading of presets is broken in KP2.2.1, and not just convolution presets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Dan, I think Tatsu referred to the Output module, where loading of presets is broken in KP2.2.1, and not just convolution presets.
    Thanks for your replies. I came as a fresh reminder that I can't load not only convolution presets but also any effect presets into the outputs module of K2 player which was recently released together with new GPO.

And, when I use K2 player as a standalone, I can drag & drop IR file into convolution module, but I can't do this when I use it as a VSTi plugin.

Should I contact NI? Or is it a feature?
    Tatsu Nagao

Quote Originally Posted by Doralin
    And, when I use K2 player as a standalone, I can drag & drop IR file into convolution module, but I can't do this when I use it as a VSTi plugin.

Should I contact NI? Or is it a feature?
    I have reported the broken Output Effects presets (stand alone) to NI. If you have any additional trouble (e.g. VST), you should report it. The more bug reports they get, they more likely they are to release a bug fix (=v2.2.2).

I just reported this problem to NI. Thanks again.

NI's technical support page for Japanese users is written in Germany.
    Tatsu Nagao

Quote Originally Posted by Doralin
    NI's technical support page for Japanese users is written in Germany.
    In Germanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling
    I don't think anything is broken in the 2.2.1, as far as convolution or any of the other effects (chorus, compressor, delay, distortion etc etc). The problem is that with the 2.2.1 GPO Kontakt Player update, there are no presets (.nkp) files in any of the effects folders. But oddly there is a folder called Impulses, with about 18 or so impulse responses... just no presets. Are these meant to be used with the Ambience plug-in? It just seems kinda strange that the effects folders are there, but all empty.
    It is broken. You can put all the presets you like in the correct folders, you can even save new presets. But you can't load them.

I'm not looking forward to write this because I don't want to let you down, but I received a mail from Crypton future media Inc who is the official agent of GPO in Japan. To put it briefly, I was told that it's a feature. OK, I'll be using new nki and nkm files with Kontakt2.2.1. They work well.
    Tatsu Nagao

Go Back to forum