• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Stradivari, Piano and VLC strings

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Stradivari, Piano and VLC strings

This is a piece (For Tessa) I wrote and recorded for my daughter who is turning 21 in a few days. It contains all the feelings and emotions that a proud father can have of his daughter.

If you have any constructive suggestions on the composition, arranging, mixing etc, please let me know. (gentle but honest)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652912
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Re: Garritan Stradivari, Piano and VLC strings

Del,
    Enjoy the party, I enjoyed this piece, while waiting on a copy of Stradivari myself. The vibrato seems a little fierce to me. This instrument is so upfront I wonder how difficult it is to rein it in. Nice composition.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    Del,
    Enjoy the party, I enjoyed this piece, while waiting on a copy of Stradivari myself. The vibrato seems a little fierce to me. This instrument is so upfront I wonder how difficult it is to rein it in. Nice composition.

Ray
    Ray - thanks for the feedback! The Strad is an unweildy beast (which I have no-where near tamed yet) Using the expression pedal with the mod wheel, playing aftertouch and the sustain is a challenge. I find the expression pedal the most difficult. The Gofriller is the same but just as good. Just started to play with it and it is trés good.

A most lovely and poignant piece of writing, Del.

Learning to use the Strad now, myself, I'd say you
    did a pretty fine job of holding onto her. Maybe
    back it off in the mix a little in places.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    A most lovely and poignant piece of writing, Del.

Learning to use the Strad now, myself, I'd say you
    did a pretty fine job of holding onto her. Maybe
    back it off in the mix a little in places.
    DAvid - thanks for taking the time to listen - I have already fixed the mix on the Strad so your comments are affirming (and will repost ASAP) I really need to listen more to an actual solo violin to see how it blends in the mix (ie - When notes are very high they will stand out and contrast) and learn how to control the volume fluctuations. The only stringed instrument I actually play is the guitar which is 180 degrees from a violin.

The best of luck with your experiments on the Strad!

Regards - Del

Del

It is a very beautiful and moving piece of music. I enjoyed it very much. It sounds so natural and free... Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Del:

A lovely piece for a lovely daughter. A lot of emotion in this and you "conveyed it" with your orchestration and mix.

BRAVO, Del

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum