• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! Quality loss when recording.

Share/Bookmark

Help! Quality loss when recording.

Hi!
    I have the following problem:
    I am using a maya7.1 audio card which can record its own output (function mix). While recording the gigasounds in cubase 5 (to convert from midi to wav) the quality of the sound gets worse.
    Shouldn\'t the quality be the same? Or is it a bad soundcard? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    I don\'t have the \"capture to wave\" function. Is it better to use the \"capture to wav\" function of GS to convert? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Thank you for your advices!
    Markus.

Re: Help! Quality loss when recording.

Hi there !

Capture to wave in GS should give you no quality loss, and it´s easy to just import the file to Cubase after capturing (the project should be 44,1kHz).

I don´t know the quality of your soundcard in this regard - but if there is a significant loss in quality, i´d check so that it doesn´t record in less than 16bit / 44,1kHz when capturing!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hello Hello! (ok, we\'re getting tired of the joke... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] )
    Thanx for your reply. I checked it and the card records on 16 bits. Could it be that the quality loss is related to the latency? In the instructions they say it should be 512 for audio recording.
    Can you tell me what card you are using to keep the quality while recording?
    Best regards,
    Markus.

Ah all right! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I got it... and post it here if anybody got the same problem. It\'s easy: I did the recording an a \"mono-piste\", but to keep the quality you have to do it on a \"stereo-piste\" (I suppose because they are stereo samples). So, no problem with the audio card, quality is the same now.
    I am suffering without doubt of a lack of expirience...
    bye!

Markus,

What\'s a piste?

A track.

Right. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum