• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan MP3 Upload page

Share/Bookmark

Garritan MP3 Upload page

If you need to post MP3's but don't have a website or any other hosting facility, Gary has very kindly set up an upload area where you can host your music.

This is an alternative to emailing the files which was the only option in the past. There is now a player front end to these files but this is still in development and may not function as you expect it to.

As you can imagine this uses up a lot of bandwidth and storage space so please only upload files if you don't have any other alternative.

The upload process is very simple - use the browse button to navigate to where your MP3 file lives on your computer, highlight the file and click on the upload button. As yet there is no indication of upload progress so please be patient and wait while your file uploads. You will see a successful completion message when all has finished. Use your back button to upload another file.

The upload page is password protected, if you want to upload any files please PM or email me for login details.

Please update your ID tag information which may be used by the player. You can find the upload page here:

http://www.garritan.net/upload

Try the player here:

http://www.garritan.net/player

Let me know if you experience any problems.

Re: Garritan MP3 Upload page

Can you tell us more about ID tagging or a link that gives info?

I had something on I-tunes once, but don't think it's still there on my latest set-up.
    It provided no info on how to use it, but it placed grey squares as an ID of composer and album, and then that could be edited with delete or backspace to replace the lines of squares with actual names.

ID3 is a very popular audio file data tagging format in active use by software and hardware developers around the world. ID3 tags are supported in software such as iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, YME, MusicMatch and hardware players like the iPod, Creative Zen, Toshiba Gigabeat and Sony Walkman.

An ID3 tag is a data container within an MP3 audio file stored in a prescribed format. This data commonly contains the Artist name, Song title, Year and Genre of the current audio file. This website contains the format standards information for the ID3 tagging data container. If you've read this far and are confused, check the ID3v2Easy page for a short, low-tech introduction.

I use Winamp to edit tags but you can find some tools here:

http://www.nch.com.au/tageditor/inde...FTAnMAodryopew

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...d-tagging.html

For MAC users try this:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18360

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Can you tell us more about ID tagging or a link that gives info?

I had something on I-tunes once,
    From Apple:

If you want to change information in one of the ID3 Tags fields in the Library or a playlist, follow these steps:

Select a song by clicking it within iTunes. If you wanted to change the info for more than one song (batch), select all of the files you want to have similar information by holding down the Command key on Mac, (Control key on Windows) and clicking each song to be changed.

Choose Get Info from the File menu, or use Command-I. This opens the iTunes Song Information window.

Click the "Tags" tab.

The Song Name field is next to the iTunes MP3 icon.

In the "Tags" window you can make changes to all fields shown.
    Note: The Song Name field must contain information. (The Song Name field is located next to the iTunes MP3 icon.)
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Thanks for the help, guys.

David

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    If you need to post MP3's but don't have a website or any other hosting facility, Gary has very kindly set up an upload area where you can host your music.

This is an alternative to emailing the files which was the only option in the past. There are plans to have a player front end to these files but I am still developing this.

As you can imagine this uses up a lot of bandwidth and storage space so please only upload files if you don't have any other alternative.

The upload process is very simple - use the browse button to navigate to where your MP3 file lives on your computer, highlight the file and click on the upload button. As yet there is no indication of upload progress so please be patient and wait while your file uploads. You will see a successful completion message when all has finished. Use your back button to upload another file.

Please update your ID tag information which may be used by the player. You can find the upload page here:

http://www.garritan.net/upload

Let me know if you experience any problems.
    Once the file is uploaded where does it go and how can one listen to it.?

Once the file is uploaded it goes to a file storage area on the server. There is now a player which will display files automatically once they are uploaded which allows you to stream the track by using whatever player you prefer on your local machine - Media Player, Winamp etc. There is also a download function if you want to get the complete file.

It is important that you create ID3 tags along with your MP3's which will then display the artist and track name as well as file size, running time, and encoding information.

Without the tags all you will see is the file name. Please see earlier posts for information on how to do this.

Only MP3 files will display in the player, all other file types will be deleted. You can find the player here:

http://www.garritan.net/player

Thumbs up Re: Garritan MP3 Upload page

Nice! Very nice!
    Styxx

* Bump *

The page is ready for uploads and testing.

MP3 files only. Remember to update your ID3 tags before uploading or we won't know who you are or the name of your piece of music. If you need help with the tags, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    * Bump *

The page is ready for uploads and testing.

MP3 files only. Remember to update your ID3 tags before uploading or we won't know who you are or the name of your piece of music. If you need help with the tags, PM me.

Tony, thanks for bumping this! Just at the right time too as I was trying to upload something to mySpace for the Listening Room and it kept falling over. I was just about to give up when I saw your post. Managed to upload my first track without the correct tag - but I've got the hang of this now.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast