• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Been a while! Strings time..

Been a while! Strings time..

Hey everyone. It's been a while. I have been meaning to log onto the boards on several occasions but uni and life is really busy at the moment. Anyway I managed to squeeze in time to do a little more writing in preperation for the feature I am scoring this year. [http://pathfindersfilm.com

Same theme as last time, new material, and mainly just strings...

Click here

Hopefully tonight I'll have some time to work my way down the list here and listen to some new work.

Re: Been a while! Strings time..

Ah yes, wise use of strings for film etc. You definitely have that sound down which I really like by the way. Are you able to make a living doing this or is it feast or famine?

All the best! - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

My gosh, but this is gorgeous, Chris... just
    takes your breath away.

I could listen to this all day. And maybe I

Please, don't stay away so long!

Superb! I always enjoy your music Chris, and this was no exception. well done.
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

Shelton, Washington State

Quite emotive and peaceful. It sounds simple but there is a complexity that lifts it up into the sky.

This is quite beautiful and expressive - and the realization is excellent, as well. Are you using just section strings? There seemed to be places where you might want to weave in some solo strings. Just a thought...

Thanks for sharing this - nice way to open the day!
    Ron Pearl

It is a very beautiful and emotional piece of writing. I enjoyed this a lot . Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Nice writing, young man. I like it even though some of your unresolved IV - I progressions, at the beginning and near the end, tend to make me a bit antsy.

Thanks for sharing your fine music with us.

Larry G. Alexander

Very nice string work. It should work great wherever you choose to employ them.

Sections only or did you use some solo strings to enhance the section strings?

Good work, Chris.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Nice string writing! I enjoyed listening. Great work with the string dynamics, that makes them sound much more real. Beautiful piece, it will definitely add emotion to the film.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast