• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can you network a 64 bit OS OC with a 32bit PC?

Share/Bookmark

Can you network a 64 bit OS OC with a 32bit PC?

In contemplation of building my new 64bit WindowsDAW, I was wondering whether I could network it with my older 32bit Wndows DAW, using Teleport for example?

Can we do this?
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Re: Can you network a 64 bit OS OC with a 32bit PC?

Yes. According to NetCraft, you're networking with a 64-bit OS right now (the NorthernSounds webserver)

You should have no problem networking various OS's such as XP, Vista, Server 2003, Linux, etc between 32 and 64 bit versions.

You'll need to make sure Teleport is compatible with 64 bit OS's though.

Jim

Thanks everyone!

I was going to take out my current hard drive libraries and install them in my new 64 bit computer.

But now, perhaps I can leave my hard drive libraries exactly where they are on my old 32bit computer and just install everything in my new 64bit computer as well then I have the choice of what libraries to use from each computer depending on my project!

Cool!
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Most of the NI stuff will need to be activated once you install on a new computer or hard drive. Many of the other libraries may need to be installed. You shouldn't need to install the sample files again though.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Most of the NI stuff will need to be activated once you install on a new computer or hard drive. Many of the other libraries may need to be installed. You shouldn't need to install the sample files again though.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Yep. I realize that. Not looking forward to it though!

Go Back to forum