• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO in an romantic - orchestral jazz setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark

GPO in an romantic - orchestral jazz setting

Hi my fellow friends,

here's another small cut from my ballet score-

La danse des amoureux
    2ème Mouvement
    Ballet d' une fantaisie

called "Springtime Romance"
    Feat. Fl., Ob, Cl.Bb, Horn sec., Perc., Pi, Harp. Str.( Multisection - lush & muted)
    w. large reverb. Listen

Link here : http://www.box.net/shared/9u5cxgj8e5

Comments welcome...hope you like it.

Jaques

Re: GPO in an romantic - orchestral jazz setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the significance of the thirty-nine exclamation points?

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: GPO in an romantic - orchestral jazz setting

Dear Larry,

there´s nothing special with that...I have just a defect key botton on my lap top.
    Dont worry.

Jaques

P.S. what you think about the music?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    What is the significance of the thirty-nine exclamation points?

Larry

Re: GPO in an romantic - orchestral jazz setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a smooth, pretty sound but I fail to detect any traits of "jazz".

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: GPO in an romantic - orchestral setting

Dear Larry,

thank you for your reply. I know it is not "really "Jazz" here...... shure you have to looking for the very stereo type jazz thing... but the harmony of this little exert have easy jazz - harmonical inflections. this kind of harmony here is found in so many jazz - jazz fusion or commercial compositions. I used here chord extensions, alterations and so on.

Jaques

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    It's a smooth, pretty sound but I fail to detect any traits of "jazz".

Larry

Jaques,

Absolutely lovely. And I certainly hear the jazz influence in your choice of harmonies and the voicings used for the strings. It's along the lines of some of the lush work of the great arrangers from years ago like Johnny Mandel, Nelson Riddle, Ralph Carmichael, and Gordon Jenkins. Not jazz in the improvisational sense but unmistakable in it's underpinnings.

While I'm posting, let me say that I've enjoyed your previous posts in the listening room. You obviously share my love of French Impressionism - which is, to my mind, the music that most successfully conveys the essence of utter beauty in music. Keep 'em coming. One request: Some day give us an extended composition that exploits your obvious grasp of these particular musical languages - very few people have the skills anymore to write like this. Thanks for posting.

Tom

This matches your avatar. Lovely work, very calming. The string writing is great, the percussion, piano, and woodwinds just melt together perfectly. Thanks for posting this!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Pretty piece. Enjoyed this.

Best,
    Jay

Jacques:

Absolutely lovely.........Very smooth progressions and very, very well orchestrated and rendered. I love your mix and the instruments you used. What were the GPO instruments by the way?

Please write some more for us.......Very enjoyable.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: GPO in an romantic - orchestral jazz setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

excellent writing, but what really impress me is the rendering, very expressive and mixed with great care. Bravo!

Roberto

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast