• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Titanic-style Anvil sound... does it exist?

Share/Bookmark

Titanic-style Anvil sound... does it exist?

Anybody know of any good Anvil samples out there? My anvil from London Orchestral Percussion sucks. The anvil in the Titanic soundtrack sounds so amazing, I always yearn for that sound in my scores.

Is there anything close?

Re: Titanic-style Anvil sound... does it exist?

Quote Originally Posted by bond6007
    My anvil from London Orchestral Percussion sucks.

Hey bond...looks like you're unhappy with the anvil sample. How about the rest of the samples from London orchestral percussion? are they any better?

Also , i've never used Anvil sound in my arrangements, but have you tried East west's anvil sample at all?

Anybody know of any good Anvil samples out there? My anvil from London Orchestral Percussion sucks. The anvil in the Titanic soundtrack sounds so amazing, I always yearn for that sound in my scores.

Is there anything close?
    I personally am very satisfied with EWQLSO anvil collection and Stormdrum's metal shop that has a wide range of different metal sounds, and I heard True Strike also has increadible anvil.

I have several libraries around and I always end up using the ones from GTown
    And they're free

http://hosted.filefront.com/gtownsounds

Stylus RMX has a cinematic sound menu called ambient metal, which has some very cool anvil sounds.

Is there anything close?
    Here's a link to a piece I wrote using the Gold Pro XP anvil (it has a few to choose from). Remember when you are using an anvil James Horner style to always reinforce it with a bass drum hit on the same bit. This gives more weight to the sound.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=57868

I second the anvils from G-town. I've tried quite a few of the others but I always seem to come back to these.

-Scott
    Gainar Creative Music
    www.gainarcreativemusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by PROTOOLSGUY
    Hey bond...looks like you're unhappy with the anvil sample. How about the rest of the samples from London orchestral percussion? are they any better?

Also , i've never used Anvil sound in my arrangements, but have you tried East west's anvil sample at all?
    The LOP library is pretty good. It's got some nice sounds, but I draw most of my percussion from True Strike these days, which gets my highest possible recommendation.

I have not used East West's anvil because I don't have EWQL!

Quote Originally Posted by guybrush threepwood
    I have several libraries around and I always end up using the ones from GTown
    And they're free

http://hosted.filefront.com/gtownsounds
    Guybrush, thanks for the great samples!!!! The G-town Anvil is indeed excellent! By layering two of the anvil sounds together I was able to get close to the sound I was looking for! Thanks again man, cheers. I'll share what I'm working on soon.

www.soundengine.com
    Micheil Post Metal

You might like it, it's only 20 USD. Bells from hell also.

Guybrush, thanks for the great samples!!!! The G-town Anvil is indeed excellent! By layering two of the anvil sounds together I was able to get close to the sound I was looking for! Thanks again man, cheers. I'll share what I'm working on soon.
    hey, don't thank me, thank Tobias Marberger, he's the one after those samples .
    glad you like the library, i really love it

Go Back to forum