• Register
  • Help

Topic: Argh -- Getting Sibelius to play through Garritan Studio?

Argh -- Getting Sibelius to play through Garritan Studio?

I normally do all my composing in SONAR and then export to Finale or Sibelius just to clean up the score visually -- so I've never bothered trying to play GPO / JABB sounds through Sibelius.

But now I need to do it and I'm not having luck. The annoying thing is, it worked fine a few weeks ago and I can't figure out what has changed.

When I load up my ensemble in Garritan studio, I can hear audio by mouse-clicking the keys. So the audio works. But it doesn't seem to be receiving a MIDI signal from Sibelius. I have "Playback Devices" pointing to Garritan Studio 1, but "Test" does nothing, and playing tracks does nothing, and experimenting in the mixer does nothing. Like I said, it worked fine a few weeks ago when I first tried it...

This is using the JABB Guitar sounds, so the mod-wheel level is NOT the problem here.

Any thoughts? THanks,

Re: Argh -- Getting Sibelius to play through Garritan Studio?

It's been a while since I used Studio as a playback device, but here goes...
    Make sure you launch the Studio before opening up Sibelius; make sure the channels are correct - Mixer and all that. My guess is that it's not a mod wheel issue, but a velocity issue. I haven't worked with JABB, but most guitar samples I've used are velocity/attack related in terms of volume.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If I get a flash of inspiration, I'll re-post.

Have you posted this on the Sib page?
    Ron Pearl

Go Back to forum