• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is 1.8Ghz dual processor good enough to run JABB?

Share/Bookmark

Is 1.8Ghz dual processor good enough to run JABB?

I am about to purchase a CPU dedicated to my music software. I am considering the Intel E4300 1.8Ghz dual core processor. I have been told that a dual core processor of 1.8Ghz is the same in terms of speed as a conventional processor of 3.6 Ghz. Is that a valid comparison? Or will I need a faster processor to run JABB without dropouts and artifacts? Also, does JABB support a technology called thread-level parallelism (TLP)?

Re: Is 1.8Ghz dual processor good enough to run JABB?

Is this a Core 2 Duo processor? I don't see this Model number. I would get at least a Core 2 Duo E6300 processor. These are quite powerful and will have no problem running JABB. I'm using the E6600 2.4 GHz processor in my system.

Jim

Yes, Jim, it is a Core 2 Duo processor. And I've taken your advice and upgraded my order to an E6400. Thanks much for the assist.

Bruce
    (blckjzz)

At this point the Kontakt 1.53 player that JABB uses is not very friendly with multi-processor support. I normally have to disable this in Sonar to get rid of the pops and clicks. Have to see how the Kontakt 2.2.1 player works with multi-processor support enabled.

I think you'll be happy with the processor you ordered!

Jim

Go Back to forum