• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marche de Morte (unfinished)

Marche de Morte (unfinished)

This is the final movement in the orchestral suite I am writing. As the title of this post suggests, its not finished yet, however I get so excited about my works that even before they are done I want people to hear them. This is my Marche de Morte (March of Death). When I finish it, I will post the completed piece allong with the rest of the movements of the piece. In the mean time enjoy.

Re: Marche de Morte (unfinished)

Some excellent harmonic and orchestrative color work
    in this, Mike -- very effective! Very strong writing,
    especially as this takes off in the latter portion...

Thanks for the preview: I'm most definitely looking
    forward to the finished work!

My best,

Nice scoring. Good overall sound. Admirable use of dynamics.

Which GPO samples did you use?

Larry G. Alexander

It certainly creates a very dark mood. That was a very nice preview. Looking forward to the completed work. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Dark title, dark movie music, certainly not for a musical.
    I don't know if it was your intention but it does sound more like a film score than a composition written to be heard on it's own as a don't hear a strong recurring line or phrase to remember, but I enjoyed listening to it so keep building your strong orchestrations.

PS. having listened to previous offerings from you I had the volume at a reasonable level the second time through .

Which GPO samples did you use?
    Larry, I used:
    Piccolo Solo v, Flute Solo v, Oboe Classical, English Horn 1 solo, B-Flat clarinet solo, bass clarinet, bassoon solo, contrabassoon solo, french horn overlay ff, french horn plrs 1-3, trumpet overlay, trumpt plrs 1-3, trombone overlay, trombone plrs 1-3, tuba solo, contratuba solo violins ks, violas ks, celli ks, basses ks, timpani (by the way Mr Garritan, the KP2 timpani samples for the lower velocities are missing, I had to use KP1 for the timpani) bass drum, percussion toys, cymbals, and a cloche soundfont.

rayzalaf, a lot of people have told me my music sounds like it belongs in movies, I guess thats the way I am.

Go Back to forum